Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright im looking for opinions of people, i whant a good mud terain tire that will still wear well on the road (i have no money so tread life is important to me). I was thinking bfg muds, thanks for your imput.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
BFGs have the crappiest sidewalls out there, they are utter crap. the old style was great, butnow under michelin and with the KM series... well they just suck.

look at some MTRs, they seem to do pretty well in the slop.

or even some no-name brands can be worth it since they are cheap, i think mud kings would work pretty well.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i've had sport kings and they lasted forever and rode nice going to the mall :flipoff2:

mud kings and be had for cheap and walmart has super sports that look okay

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
MTR's ball up fast in the mud, so I wouldnt reccomend them. Look at Maxxis Mudders and there are some other ones, but the smaller brands with harder rubber last long and do pretty good in the mud.

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
I would recomend Goodyear MT/Rs they ranked third in a mud test, I have the 33s, I like them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For Mud Tire with with good road wear I like the BFG Muds from personal experience and several friends swear by the TSL Radials.

The MT/Rs are a joke in the mud from my experience. Love them on the road and dry rocks and trails though.

James

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
BFG mt's are good off road.. just get a good warrenty on them and when you blow a sidewall.. take it back.. MTR's are also good.
My bfg's are wearing out mroe because of age than tread depth.. i have 45,000ish miles on mine under a 5500 lb truck.

Garrett

·
Registered
438 Posts
dunlop mud rover there cheap decent space between the outside lugs,but for mud probably nothings real good except original tsls or boggers. My favorite tire so far is yokohama geolanders horrible for mud but im tellingyou the lugs are way soft even when cold,sidewalls alittle sketch but if they made a37" thats what I would buy.Randy 85toylockers gears hysteer jackball.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I am running a set of the 31s, and absolutely love them. I have about 25,000 on them, and they havent reached half tread yet. They seem to grip real well for a radial, and Hi-Tecs customer service is second to none. The tires I have are on Michelin LTX carcasses, and a friend just bought a set of 33s, and they came on Les Scwab carcasses. They balnce great, and I have had no troubles with them, and will definitely buy again.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Try the Mud Kings, I think they're made by BFG. The sidewalls are weak but they are a good street tire and beat the MT/Rs in the mud any day of the week...

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
i had a set of MudKings and they cant be beat for a set of cheap arse tires in mud. they wore a little quick but were cheap so who cares. M/T radial Claws are also cheap in price and are a decent mud tire

·
Registered
438 Posts
Aquaman said:
What's the purpose of this part of your post????
Thats just the stats on my truck lockers gears hysteer jackball from jack in the box . Randy

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
My buddy has some 35x12.50x15 Baja Claws for sale, $500

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I've had nothing but bad luck with BFGs thier sidewalls (Trigard:rolleyes: ) suck! If price is an issue I'd try the Dunlop Mud Rovers. I've had two sets of the Radial Rover RVs and they were tough as hell and wear very well on the street (50-60,000 miles on a detroit lockered Early Bronco) so I'd assume thier mud version is just as good and they're reasonably priced.:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts