Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!
i ave a f-150 90 lift and 35"tires and with the years the steering get spongier. i welded the slip on the steering shaft but the rubber cross is still the week link.

i whant to get rid of the rubber-cross.
here is what i taught.
-buy a new unit that fit my aplication without the rubber X(if any)? cost? $$$
-bring the entier unit to a drive shaft (pto)shop to do a bether steering shaft. cost? $$$
-i got 2 steering shaft (oem) and try to weld something out to replaced the rubber X by a OEM u-joint. cheap and less street frendly.imo

what did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Are you talking about the rag joint (the rubber disc part)? Don't mess with all that weldnig and stuff. Go to Borgeson, buy a replacement shaft with universal joints on both ends, and bolt it in. Done. And don't weld the slip joint, you'll have a bitch of a time installing it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Are you talking about the rag joint (the rubber disc part)? Don't mess with all that weldnig and stuff. Go to Borgeson, buy a replacement shaft with universal joints on both ends, and bolt it in. Done. And don't weld the slip joint, you'll have a bitch of a time installing it.
thx for the answer. i got my p/n: 000980 from borgeson.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.