Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi!
i ave a f-150 90 lift and 35"tires and with the years the steering get spongier. i welded the slip on the steering shaft but the rubber cross is still the week link.

i whant to get rid of the rubber-cross.
here is what i taught.
-buy a new unit that fit my aplication without the rubber X(if any)? cost? $$$
-bring the entier unit to a drive shaft (pto)shop to do a bether steering shaft. cost? $$$
-i got 2 steering shaft (oem) and try to weld something out to replaced the rubber X by a OEM u-joint. cheap and less street frendly.imo

what did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Are you talking about the rag joint (the rubber disc part)? Don't mess with all that weldnig and stuff. Go to Borgeson, buy a replacement shaft with universal joints on both ends, and bolt it in. Done. And don't weld the slip joint, you'll have a bitch of a time installing it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are you talking about the rag joint (the rubber disc part)? Don't mess with all that weldnig and stuff. Go to Borgeson, buy a replacement shaft with universal joints on both ends, and bolt it in. Done. And don't weld the slip joint, you'll have a bitch of a time installing it.
thx for the answer. i got my p/n: 000980 from borgeson.

·
Registered
76 Posts
you can also just take another shaft and cut the universal out of it and weld it in place of the rag joint on your old shaft, cheaper alternative, what i do on all mine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts