Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I'm not out anything more than a bunch of time and effort, I think the P4X4 community needs to be aware when dealing with Dustin Bylina (bigbogger). This guy wasted hours of my time as he wanted to buy my comp moon buggy. Now that he's fully flaked out on the contract, he won't stop texting me with his BS. It's be nice if he'd just stop, but he hasn't and thats why this thread is being created.

We wrote up a purchase agreement which he signed,and he sent me his Jeep title as collateral. He backed out of the contract due to loss of emplyoment. While that would be a completely valid reason for me to let him out of the contract, there is quite a long history of him doing business in the same manner all over the East coast, and I really think he just changed his mind and decided he wanted something different. I'm sending his title back because I just don't want to deal with it, but I wish he would learn his lesson. It doesn't take long to realize something is "off" with this guy and I'm fortunate to have some friends in that area that alerted me to his repeated actions of wasting people's time. At least I had a little warning that this may happen. There are a number of threads on the Rausch Creek forum addressing this individual, and one of them even asks whether or not anyone on Pirate has been burned by him. I'm just giving you guys a heads up to be cautious in any dealings with him.

Here are a few of the RC threads to read if you're bored...they're actually pretty funny!!!

http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,15981.0.html

http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,15981.0.html

http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,15994.0.html

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey man been there and delt with him end it all for us please. if you had a contract take him to court and get your money and then some. i m not this kind of person in any way but this guy needs to be stopped. I have started to build atleast five rigs for him and he backs out and changeds his mind 24/7 always to lossing his job or buying a house etc... i have heard it all come from his fat mouth.

·
Registered
627 Posts
On January 6 he asked me how much I wanted for my jeep. I gave him a price via text, he told me to hang on to it for him. On the 8 th I text him and asked when he wanted the jeep because I planned to post it for sale very soon. He told me to go ahead and post it as he had bought "scrappy". There is more obviously.

He spotted for me on one comp of RcRocs. We went for a practice day that included some trails. I took pictures on one trail that I let him drive my jeep on. He was working on some oil rigs up on northern PA, showing people pictures of him on the trails in his jeep. His jeep he was showing pictures of was and still is my jeep. Shows the type of person he is. I only wish he had put all the $ and time into his jeep he was showing everyone, my bank account would be allot fatter, and would have had allot more time with the family.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
He also has user names of:
copperheadcrawler
bigzj
bylinas tire grooving

Dustin has screwed some of the best and nicest people in the sport in the NE on vehicle/part purchases. I am sure if someone were to total up the value of time and $ lost with this guy, the total would be in the 10s of thousands. There are many vendors/shops in the North East who won't do business with him, even if paid upfront. He just needs to go away.

It was said best to me by someone who knows/knew him well, "Dustin is not necessarily a bad or evil guy, he is just dumb and doesn't understand how the sport and world works, he's not trying to screw people, it just always works out that way". Thought that about sums it up right there.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I know I am not "perfect" and I have had my fair share of "false starts" when it comes to 4x4 projects, and as a Vendor I should "play nice" and give people the benefit of the doubt, but I can echo some of the issues in dealing with Dustin. I could also share a lot of 2nd hand stories, but I won't. Hopefully some of those people will step up and lay it out once and for all.

Anyway, a while ago he bought the comp chassis I was building before I decided to go back to school. After dicking me around on the price and lowballing me $500, I finally gave in and told him "Cash talks." After a few more weeks of getting dicked around he asked me to deliver it. I told him $1 a mile and I would need the money upfront along with the payment for the buggy (still hadn't paid at this point despite offers to send a deposit). He tried to say that delivery should be included :shaking:. Anyway, long story short, he some how weasels the FAB SHOP to come pick it up and rather than CASH which was our deal they brought a CHECK :mad3:. Had it been a personal check I would have told him to pound sand, but seeing as I needed the money and the check was from the Fab Shop I let it slide to just be done with it. In the mean time I had three other offers for full price, no deliver, and no hassle. Sadly I am a "too nice" kind of guy and went with the "first offer." Oh well, egg on my face. :(

You would think the story would be over, but it's not. For the next YEAR all Dustin did was bug the SHIT out of me about getting pictures of his buggy, getting a sponsor packet done up, etc. Again, I told him CASH talked and when the buggy was FINISHED we could set something up.

The guy is an idiot. He has no idea how the world works. He thinks you are his best friend just because you know his name and talked to him at least once. He expects the best price on everything and then expects it be hand delivered to him. He rarely ever lifts a finger to do any of his own leg work. There are countless stories out there of other people calling for parts, brokering sales, and picking shit up for him. My only advice is to turn and run, don't walk but run, the other way from this jack ass.

Luckily I cut my ties with him a long time ago and pretty much do my best to ignore him. However, it is hard to go anywhere or talk to anyone on the east coast that doesn't have a "Dustin Story." :homer:

+++

I will say the best laugh I ever got was when he got his low-riding mustang cobra STUCK in the Rausch parking lot... I guess Karma does come around, just not as strong as one would hope sometimes. :p

+++

Again, I know I am not perfect and have made my fair share of mistakes throughout the years, so I am not trying to throw stones here. Just trying to do my part to warn the rest of the wheeling community that this shit has gotten too out of hand. This is not a one-time thing with him. He continually screws good people over and is running out of friendly people here on the east coast. So be warned.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Ok dean that was a total Fuckin lie I gave mike 5,500.00 cash and he dealt with u I just said I wanted it and that mike would pick it up cuz if I remember right u were having back problems and were goin for surgery tell the Fuckin truth Dean cuz u an I both know that's not how our deal happened

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I figured once I posted this thread many stories would come out. It's obvious when someone has multiple screen names that something might not be right. While I honestly don't think Dustin is out to deliberatey screw anybody, people need to be aware of the experience they are about to begin.

Dustin, the best tging is for you just to learn from this thread. Nobody wants to hear the countless excuses you have. Take the time to evaluate what has gone wrong with EVERY transaction, learn to be a man, and stop wasting people's time!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Its only ever been bigbogger on here on Rc it was bigzj at first an when I got deans copper yj I changed it to copperhead crawler and when I sold that I have changed it to bylinas tire grooving and it has bin that way for over a yr

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ok dean that was a total Fuckin lie I gave mike 5,500.00 cash and he dealt with u I just said I wanted it and that mike would pick it up cuz if I remember right u were having back problems and were goin for surgery tell the Fuckin truth Dean cuz u an I both know that's not how our deal happened
I've never had back surgery so obviously you don't remember right. :shaking:

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Anyway something was wrong with u and the payment to u is all on mike I gave him cash I even txtedhim askin how he paid for it and he didn't remember Idk I wasn't there I just seen the pics and said sold and gave mike the money

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
Anyway something was wrong with u and the payment to u is all on mike I gave him cash I even txtedhim askin how he paid for it and he didn't remember Idk I wasn't there I just seen the pics and said sold and gave mike the money
What grade did you drop out of school :homer:

My brain hurts from reading that illiterate dribbel :eek:

Derek

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Jesus dude, learn to type fuck tard. Your story reads like a 12 yr old :mr-t:

Here you go, here are some commas and periods. Use them! ............................ ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Jesus dude, learn to type fuck tard. Your story reads like a 12 yr old :mr-t:

Here you go, here are some commas and periods. Use them! ............................ ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Sadly this won't work, been tried many times, but it was a good bump. This guy has screwed more wheelers in the north east then Ballistic Fabrication!:shaking:

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Gavin u jackass I didn't screw your butt buddies doug or dave they were paid ahead of time and they lost nothing on parts since I had bought everything and I had it shipped to daves shop .SO how did I screw them huh,when I picked my shit up dave owed me money Wich he wrote a check for Soo??????

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Gavin u jackass I didn't screw your butt buddies doug or dave they were paid ahead of time and they lost nothing on parts since I had bought everything and I had it shipped to daves shop .SO how did I screw them huh,when I picked my shit up dave owed me money Wich he wrote a check for Soo??????
Hell yea. We got a comma in the wrong spot and ? all piled up at the end to make up for all the other punctuation he missed. I really hope spelling is next.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts