Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for any input on the BFG AT tires. Who has run them and what do you think?

I'M looking to run 265-75-16 type on a 97 4x4 E350. Van weight is 7500 lbs unloaded. I tow 7000 lbs. on occasion.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
I run them on my 2500 suburban. I'm alot lighter than you but I got 50K easy on them before I replaced them with another set :)

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
i run them on my tundra, a ton lighter than you, but i pull 7k regularly and they do real good, just pump them up to the max PSI when towing and youll be good to go, i just leave mine at 45 all the time, little bouncy cause they are stiff when im unloaded....but i still like them a lot, do real good on road and get me by off road

wes

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I also run them on my 3/4ton 'Burb. Have close to 40k on them and they are about due to get replaced. I will buy the same tires again, I thought they did everything I asked of them well.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I've run them on every truck I've owned. Great milage, good off-road characteristics for an A/T tire, and seems to take a load well. Though I've never hauled more than a combined 15,000 on them, but I have no complaints. I will be putting them on my F350 this spring. They are rated for more weight than my current tires, and perform WAY better in ALL conditions.

Doug

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a set on my lifted Tacoma, and love them, they handle great for mild offroading, and are the best tires I have ever had in the snow. I will be looking for some for my Tundra soon!

Robert <><

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have a set of H2 Take-offs on my Dodge. 315/70R17, which is about a 35" tire. They ride nice and have decent traction. I just wish they were a bit narrower but I got them for a steal! Only have about 4K on them though, so I can't comment on wear. Guy I worked with had like 75K on his (Toyota pickup) and they still had tread, just starting to dryrot.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it looks like this is what I will buy. Best price I found with all the extras out the door is Americas Tire for $700. even. (265x75x16 bfg at d range)

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have had very good luck with these tires until I put them on my SuperDuty. I was easily getting 50K on my 1/2 ton trucks. Put 265/75's on my SuperDuty and they are more than half gone at 20K. Gonna try something different next time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
puppy said:
I have had very good luck with these tires until I put them on my SuperDuty. I was easily getting 50K on my 1/2 ton trucks. Put 265/75's on my SuperDuty and they are more than half gone at 20K. Gonna try something different next time.
Must be the weight. I have 15k on my MTR'S E range and they are half gone also. Thats why I'M looking for somthing else!

What does your Super Duty weigh?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've got a set of 285's (load range D) on my Excursion, and it weighs 8000lbs, empty. I've got 30K plus on them, and they'll go another 10K.

Mark

·
Registered
898 Posts
running the 295/75-16's on my dodge....

sometimes I REALLY wish I had the MT's when trying to get around out here when its wet, but most of the time really like them.
They wear really well (my truck weighs about 7200#'s), I've got prolly 35k miles on them, and they've still got some decent life left in them, I figure they'll get swapped out before next winter, and unless I find a smokin' deal on something else, I'll go with another set of them.
also like the 295 size for its load rating...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Dan
I don't know if you have any near you, but check out BJ's wholesale. They were tons cheaper for me and come with the lifetime warrenty deal to boot.
Chad

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I've had my 265/75/16's on my Ram for 2 years, 20k miles. So far, there's no noticable wear. I tow and haul fairly heavy loads fairly often.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone for all the help. I put BFG 265 X 75 X 16 AT's load range d on the van this weekend. Best price I found here in town was at America Tires. They were $700. even with all the warranties and Life time this and thats.

First impression is how much more quiet and comfortable the ride quality is. Big change!:smokin:

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
360 Posts
My Superduty weighs just over 7K empty. I'm going to try out the Dick Cepek Fun Country II's next.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts