Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, and found only one mention of the Krawler being used on the highway..

Anyone have an idea yet how well they are going to wear as compared to a similarly sized BFG Mud Terrain during highway driving?

·
Registered
294 Posts
We have run a set on a solid axle S-10 for about 6 months now and seem to be wearing great. They're on TR beadlocks and are not balanced but still are very smooth. You should not have any trouble at all.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Are those the production or comp tires Shupee? Im guessing comp, cuz I dont think the productions have been out for 6 months:confused:

·
Registered
294 Posts
They are production compound just not a molded tire like the ones on E-bay that you can buy( how's that for a plug). They really do ride good and pretty quiet too. I'd say they would last as long as an MTR or equivalent tire.

·
Banned
34,097 Posts
BFG says you can only expect 10K miles street wear from them.

·
Banned
34,097 Posts
You put 10K miles on them already? You must drive that thing an awful lot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How is the tracking compared to Mud Terrains?

What about road noise compared to Mud Terrains?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm running them on my Jeep. Got about 2500 miles. No appreciable signs of wear and they're still really soft and sticky -- They haven't started that hardening that the BFG MTs used to do after a few thousand road miles.

I drove them in pouring rain at freeway speeds and was pleasantly suprised at how sticky they really were.

Road noise is high, but who gives a shit? :flipoff2:

Seth

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
If you're running those things on the street right now you're either sponsored or have way to much $$$ :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
I drove on mine to work today and they still look great :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
We have this little book at work and it shows the KX to be only rated up to 75 MPH.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Explorer said:
If you're running those things on the street right now you're either sponsored or have way to much $$$ :flipoff2:
Not necessarily, I live where the Michelin plant is and I've heard one of the higher rank guys, cant remember which maybe VP:confused: that he was selling the Krawlers out of his garage. Then again I just heard this, and not positive if its true.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
EClayton08 said:

Not necessarily, I live where the Michelin plant is and I've heard one of the higher rank guys, cant remember which maybe VP:confused: that he was selling the Krawlers out of his garage. Then again I just heard this, and not positive if its true.

weeeelllllll.. WTF!!!! HOOK US UP MAN!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Explorer said:
Id say money. I see stock width prorocks under there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
sceep said:

weeeelllllll.. WTF!!!! HOOK US UP MAN!!!!!!!!!!
I just heard this from a friend, I do know a few people who work at the Michelin plant who may be able to get it from the guy... that is if what my friend said is true.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I would be glad to do an in depth long-term test of the handling and wear characteristics of this tire on a daily driver vehicle. Anyone willing to donate a set for the cause? ;)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Why would you choose the most expensive and advanced off road tire on the market to run on the pavement? Seems to me like a big waste. Ok rant off I just had to get that off my chest

1 - 20 of 55 Posts