Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

· Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a build of a Bent fabrications EVO Grunt chassis. I was going to just get one of BFR's frames for my samurai that I was building and decided to just pull the trigger on a full tube chassis. The Grunt is a smaller version of their popular EVO chassis. It's the size of an rzr 1000, but you can fit a 6.0 V8 in it!
I'm still using 4 banger power but can upgrade later if I want.

Parts list:
96 Toyota 3rz
Jeep AW4
Dana 300
609 axles (99-04 outers)
5:40 gears
Spools and load bolts
14" and 16" ORI's
DE ram
39.5 iroks

Here's a few pics o the chassis the day I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sheet metal front has some pretty cool features that makes mounting easier. Shock tower, radiator support, orbital mount, steering cooler, and overflow res are all built in.

Test fit of the motor. I'm not going to mount it until the axles are under it. Tim at bent fab has been very helpful with link geometry which is great for dummies like me. Once I finish the link mounts finished on the axles I can sit the motor accordingly. The trans will be hung from above allowing me to drop the skid without taking anything else off.

The axles

And the start of the rear upper link mount.

· Registered
115 Posts
I have been eyeing the BentFab EVO grunt chassis for a long time. I have always wonder about space, at 6'4" with a 34" inseam, I have a couple of questions...

1. What seats are those?
2. What is the distance between the front of the seat and the brake pedal?

Good luck with the build!

· Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been eyeing the BentFab EVO grunt chassis for a long time. I have always wonder about space, at 6'4" with a 34" inseam, I have a couple of questions...

1. What seats are those?

Those are Corbeau ultra's. I'm 6' 200lbs and am about maxed out with fitting comfortably. I can get some actual measurements but I think you'd be better off in a full size EVO. Basically the same chassis just a bit longer.

· Registered
296 Posts

1. What seats are those?

I’m 6’3” and 36” inseam. I just traded for an all tube grunt and just a rough guesstimate with a seat sitting on a piece of angle between the rockers, I’m not real sure I’m gonna fit in it. Pictures don’t really show how small the chassis is.

· Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought a goat built ram mount a while ago thinking I would build my front upper link tabs off of it. Well...I thought it looked like shit and offered no protection to the steering links and part of the ram. Plus I didn't like it being so offset.

I have a buddy building his rig in my shop right now too, so a few people stop by on the weekends and I have trouble concentrating and taking my time. After everyone left I came up with what I thought looks and works much better.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.