Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is something i picked up in trade from a friend. His grandpa use to build bridge's and jails .

Its a Jo mfg co. torque wrench. I dont know if it works for sure i dont have anything to test it on. The dial turns free and runs from 300ft lbs up to 2000 ft lbs. Seems to be made of aluminum with a steel pipe like handle. I know there's not a ton of guys out there needing this but i thought it would be real cool as a wall hanger in your shop or man cave. U know when your buddy come over to do some fine tuning on his Holly double pumper, whip this out when he go's to adjust the float.
Its got Cool factor for sure. I have looked and can not really find another one to compare it to. If you were to take a wire wheel to it i think it would clean up like new. On one of the tags i think it has USAF so it might have been used on a ship or a plane??

$200.00

you can call me with ??? Mike 530 391 8175

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Welp... that's def cool.
I had to replace the front axle spindle nuts on my 2004 F-150 & they needed to be torqued to 325 ft/lbs.
That would have come in handy...
Bump !!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It could of been used to torque the bolts for landing gear on an airplane. We used one that size all the time when I was in the Air Force. It makes for a damn good breaker bar also:)

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Real crew chiefs don't use torque wrenches :flipoff2:
free bump

·
1962 YellowSubmarine
11,422 Posts
Hey Mike, I'm the one picking this up from you for my buddy in Colorado. I'm not sure when I'll be out your way with this storm coming through, original plan was Friday evening, but I may move that up a day to get over the Rockies and ahead of the storm.

Whats your availability Thursday evening?

Peter
email me for fastest response,
yellowsub1962
A T
gmail

Thanks,
Peter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts