Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't know much about these but I want an axle to build up for my hot rod project..

Located in sactown cali

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have a 9" rear ot of a 69' bronco. i belerve its 61wms to wms.
it has all brakes and lines with it ill give it to ya for $75.

call me and let me know
devin

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a 9" rear ot of a 69' bronco. i belerve its 61wms to wms.
it has all brakes and lines with it ill give it to ya for $75.

call me and let me know
devin
I didn't have notify on this, I'll be in touch - local is good ;)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Allready spoke with Devin at 6:00 pm, First dibs. What wms are you looking for?, Or what vehicle is the 9" going into? Packnrat [Larry] has a big bearing for sure. DBronco69 is looking to make sure he has a BB 9" hsg.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
bronco is not sure if it's a BB 9" or a small bearing, I know for a fact that Packnrat's is a BB torino style 9" housing, I've seen it with my own eyes. Are you building a narrow CJ or Bronco?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I'm a DUMBASS, A 57 chevy is pretty wide. You will want a fullsize passenger car rearend, Packnrats may be perfect. I believe it came out of a fullsize lincoln, Or you may need a fullsize truck or van axle. The van is the widest of the axles, Hell shoot me your number and I will call you to try and help you with the axle. I am a ford guy, So I can't really help with the GM questions

PM'd you my number as well
Jim

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't want it stock width or I'd stick with the stock axle, I don't think it is that wide anyway. I want to shave about 5" off of the stocker but I am not sure what that width is. Figured why cut a stocker, might as well start with something with more potential..

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't have a new picture but this is the car and if I were to compress the rear tire it would push right into the body

I am in no rush, just figured I'd post up and atleast figure out what I am looking for for when I find it..

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Damn good point, Might as well go 31 spline axles. Unless you will be running big HP, It's cheap insurance. FYI all early fords had 28 spline axles, I think trucks started using them around 75 , broncos in 78. I'm not sure if the passeger cars used them at all, Just trying to shed a little light for you. Aftermarket 31 spline axles run around $300 or so

1 - 18 of 18 Posts