Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a year or so ago I started looking for a truck, really wanted a Toyota 6cyl single cab 4x4, yes I've read people like the 4cyl better, I just wanted a 6.

I looked and couldn't find the right deal.

Then I ended up getting a 95 Chevy turbo diesel 6.5, has pretty low hrs, I have researched a lot about the 6.5, and I now have it in the shop getting wiring done, trying to figure out why the lift pump has no power.
I got it for $1000 from a friend, I havnt heard it run yet.

I've also bought a 2012 Polaris ranger diesel and a small flatbed trailer.

And my dd is a 2005 pontiac gto stock.

And my birthday was the other day, and I had gotten my tax refund, and I find a 1988 Toyota 6cyl 5speed 4x4 for sale by my house for 1300 and I grabbed them 1000 cash and bought it.

It runs well , its got 195k miles 33x12.50x15 bfgs half tread. They say the replaced the cluth, by the clutch peddle needs to be fixed, you have to push it all the way down to disengage, grinder a little going into 3 4 5 th.

Anyway, I need to decide what to do, I don't really want to go kidding and break stuff, I do want to use one of the trucks to semi dd and tow my ranger.
I'm leaning towards selling the 6.5 and putting some money into the Toyota.

Making it reliable and able to tow the ranger no proplem. You guys have some advice for me? Maybe an engine swap to the 3.4? I've been reading through the faq and looking through posts, but I don't really have a starting point yet.

Thought ably flatbed with a dogbox. And maybe some seats.

I trade pictures for you guys letting my noob questions slide.
I plan to keep reading through the faq.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, I see a lot of rock crawlers here, like I said, the truck will be mostly driven on road, but I want to be able to play in the mud and water down here in Florida.

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
Check the pedal bracket on the firewall, and see if it flexes when you push the clutch pedal in. Common problem on the v6 trucks. The pedal assembly likes to tear at the dog leg. The local Toyota parts department in San Diego had a stack of pedal assemblies on the shelf it was such a common problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know, I'm at work, and just brainstorming, I'm really wondering if I can get away with getting rid of the big truck. I have to many vehicles now, trying to figure out what I want to do.

I was working on one plan, and finding the Toyota has me all messed up now

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check the pedal bracket on the firewall, and see if it flexes when you push the clutch pedal in. Common problem on the v6 trucks. The pedal assembly likes to tear at the dog leg. The local Toyota parts department in San Diego had a stack of pedal assemblies on the shelf it was such a common problem.
Thanks, I saw that in the faq, got under there and pushed on it, and didn't see anything, but ill have to look again

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I'm on a forum and I see a question I don't have an answer for or if I have nothing good to add, I DON'T POST, and if no one posts the thread goes away.

There's no point being rude online to someone you'll probably never see in person.
but if it makes you feel like a big guy I guess its the best thing for ya.

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
Dude, nut-up. It's some friendly PBB-style welcoming flaming.

If you fight it, it will get worse. If you roll with it, you'll start to enjoy the place.

If you ever come to Montana, I will give you a hug. :flipoff2:

(that's a badass hog. Guessing you've got some great dogs! :beer:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess its hard to tell, kinda like typing sarcastically. I just don't respond well to online tough guys.

That's my best hog yet 280lbs, no my dogs are nothing special, just got lucky that night.

·
Registered
288 Posts
drive the shit out of it, motor goes bad put a 3.4 in it, find a solid axle put it under it, post pictures, talk shit, get flamed, welcome to pirate :mr-t::flipoff2::flipoff2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mostly Florida Curs and some kind of bulldog. A cur could have a bunch of different things in it,basically a dog bred through the years for a reason, usually cows or pigs. The grey dog is called a blue leapard dog and blue pit mix. Leopard, catahoula, catahoula cur, catahoula hound, show dog catahoula, all different.

Don't go by what you have seen on tv, most of those shows seem weird to me.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Lol I don't haha had a pup catahoula hound for a little while. Awesome smart dogs.

As to pirate the flaming is expected. Like said wait to post until you have some tech related info. If you got a question read and re-read the FAQ, 99% of all questions have answers that are in there or can be found with a search.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm searching and reading a bunch, I'm just excited. And usually a couple people responding can get you going in the right direction.
I don't see many people with their mods in the signature, that usually gives you an idea of the most common mods.

Guess I gotta get used to a forum like this.

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
People flame because all the answery you are ever going to want for your toyota are already here.......... somewhere.....

You just have to search a bunch and read even more.

Now sell that POS gov. motors truck and put the yota to use. Think of what you want it to do (daily driver, crawler, mud faggotry) and use that as a search term

1 - 20 of 24 Posts