Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to go to wheel brakes on my Rockwells and plan on using F550 calipers. Will an F550 m/c work with my Chevy shit, and if it won't what will work that can push enough fluid for these big ass calipers?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dieselcruiserhead said:
a good one is a hydroboost/master setup from a M series (Astro/Safari) van. 1" bore MC if I remember correctly. Hydroboost just ROCKs also, way better than 4 wheel steering. You might need it with the rockwells. The proffitts cruisers guys all run rockwells with toy driveline disks that stop very well. Might be worth a shot IMO if your braking is not very good.
I've been using pinion brakes for a while, and they are what I'm trying to avoid. My question was if an F550 MC would bolt up to my Chevy booster. I don't have access to one of these, and don't have any pics or measurements to go off of, so I don't know if the bolt pattern of the MC matches the booster. And if it doesn't, what MC does match that will work with these calipers.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So aside from a hydroboost, does anybody know of a master cylinder that will work for my application? I'm not familiar with "quick take-up MCs" or QTs.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I will be running them on all 4 corners, but I think the calipers are actually off the rear. I was hoping a 1 ton master cylinder would be enough, but I'm not sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts