Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Hophead
77,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I've noticed, the only way to discern threads with new posts from others is it is "slightly" more bold/bright (in dark mode) than the other threads

Might be being obtuse, please enlighten me if so

·
Hophead
77,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a bold font and a normal weight font.
Colors aren't different to me.

View attachment 3106529
the bold font probably is just "brighter" to me

my problem is the difference between bold and normal font is way too slight for my old, shitty eyes.

hmm, I should check the user cp and see if there are any settings

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
i don't care for the "moment ago" or "43 min ago" etc. being the only preview.

the bold vs not bold, not such a big deal, but it was nicer when there was an obvious color change

can we change the page limits? Didn't notice it looking around the User CP but going back to 50 posts per page would be nice

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
oh, and obviously the no delete and limits on edits things. those are just outright abuse for no reason and actually damaging to the board, rather than just minor interface concerns

·
Hophead
77,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, and obviously the no delete and limits on edits things. those are just outright abuse for no reason and actually damaging to the board, rather than just minor interface concerns
you are correct there, thank you for that

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
you are correct there, thank you for that
yeah i don't get it. @AG Jeff 's initial explanation of "well, if somebody is getting flamed, now they need to own that shit har har har" (from the community update feedback thread) is fucking stupid and pretty telling. Flaming people is done for a damn reason. it sparks conversation and can correct errors, or it causes distraction to the point that something gets deleted by the user for being so far outside their control. it IS self policing, but if the OP can't delete, then that same "self policing" would be better served as simply ignoring the poster. but then you have many threads with 0 response because they are all fucking stupid. responding "eat a dick" to 100 posts isn't the same if the OP can't actually eat that dick and delete their post.

·
Registered
36 Posts
yeah i don't get it. @AG Jeff 's initial explanation of "well, if somebody is getting flamed, now they need to own that shit har har har" (from the community update feedback thread) is fucking stupid and pretty telling. Flaming people is done for a damn reason. it sparks conversation and can correct errors, or it causes distraction to the point that something gets deleted by the user for being so far outside their control. it IS self policing, but if the OP can't delete, then that same "self policing" would be better served as simply ignoring the poster. but then you have many threads with 0 response because they are all fucking stupid. responding "eat a dick" to 100 posts isn't the same if the OP can't actually eat that dick and delete their post.
Reported

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,532 Posts
I’m not a fan of the limit on edits and deletions, and I also am getting to the point where it’s hard to read the text on the phone and determine whether or not it’s a new post or older thread. Something about the coloring in dark mode bothers my eyes more than the old set up. But it helps me to limit my Internet time. On my eyes hurt do something else.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I’m not a fan of the limit on edits and deletions, and I also am getting to the point where it’s hard to read the text on the phone and determine whether or not it’s a new post or older thread. Something about the coloring in dark mode bothers my eyes more than the old set up. But it helps me to limit my Internet time. On my eyes hurt do something else.
Board has been pretty dead. We may not have a choice here, if the masses decided to move, then its a done deal. What say you?

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
Board has been pretty dead. We may not have a choice here, if the masses decided to move, then its a done deal. What say you?
give it a week and see what shakes out, i'm already over there, but it isn't like it is crazy busy or anything. hell, PBB has been dying for a while. coronavirus has given this more activity than it has otherwise seen in YEARS regardless, and now we've effectively split off a few hundred active users. the concerns here will either be addressed SOON or they simply won't. No reason not to join up on the other site, if it ends up growing, no reason it won't, then there ya go. I'm not ready to totally let go on here yet anyways, hell there has always been a divide from the folks who don't go to GCC and the ones who don't go to TECH. the biggest tragedy will be if the upgrade and the migration of GCC result in a bunch of people who decide to just give back up on their tech builds.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,532 Posts
I am currently here and there. I get more notifications for here because now you have to approve new members if they hit a spam filter. It seems like I’m always checking and approving or not.

I have not decided where I’m going to post my jeep build etc. Seems like a pain in the ass to move it over. But there’s lots of part numbers and little stuff in my build thread.

Same with my cool old cars thread. I might be the only one that reads it but I find it entertaining.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I am currently here and there. I get more notifications for here because now you have to approve new members if they hit a spam filter. It seems like I’m always checking and approving or not.

I have not decided where I’m going to post my jeep build etc. Seems like a pain in the ass to move it over. But there’s lots of part numbers and little stuff in my build thread.

Same with my cool old cars thread. I might be the only one that reads it but I find it entertaining.
I am asking around for a script that would download content from here, thread by thread, into a database. It would then be easy to manipulate and upload elsewhere. Does that sound interesting at all?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts