Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics of 4340 billet axle shafts recently made for axle tech 4000. Customer narrowed housings, made shorter shafts to fit.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Is it just the pics. looks like the shaft diameter is beef. the yokes meat is beef but the connection between the two is almost non existent.

·
Master of none.
3,644 Posts
I know these were built for a narrow housing, but how do you feel about the quality of the stock shafts after messing with them? They seem like really nice material,
Do you think anyone will be building chromo shafts for them, or have to go strait to 300M to be any improvement?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know these were built for a narrow housing, but how do you feel about the quality of the stock shafts after messing with them? They seem like really nice material,
Do you think anyone will be building chromo shafts for them, or have to go strait to 300M to be any improvement?
Factory shafts look like a good piece,4340 is considered chromo,300m is a modified version of 4340.I would not worry about axle shafts until you have a problem,seems like that axle should hold up good with that size tire,and engineered for a modern day Diesel and all the torque they put out.There was a guy that works for Axletech on Ben's thread,he said he had seen planetary failures,but did not say any thing about axleshaft failures.Can you tell me if there is a needle bearing out buy the yoke on the inner shaft,have never seen the inside of one of these axles,thanks.

·
Master of none.
3,644 Posts
Can you tell me if there is a needle bearing out buy the yoke on the inner shaft,have never seen the inside of one of these axles,thanks.
Yes there is a needle bearing, both at the end of the axle tube, & one in the spindle for the outer shaft.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So...these shafts go in what?
Go to page 2,project monster buggy,toward the last few pages where he swaps from 106s to axletech 4000 planetary axles.There is also a thread on page 3,Axletech 4000 steer axles.Was not told who's or what kind of vehicle they are going in,if that is what you are asking.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
So...these shafts go in what?
Go to page 2,project monster buggy,toward the last few pages where he swaps from 106s to axletech 4000 planetary axles.There is also a thread on page 3,Axletech 4000 steer axles.Was not told who's or what kind of vehicle they are going in,if that is what you are asking.
9 ton planetary axles
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gene...8531-axletech-4000-planetary-steer-axles.html
Planetary Steer Axles 4000 Series (19.8K lbs / 9.0 t) - AxleTech International

Skipped_Link's Axle Swap
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gene...19-project-monster-buggy-29.html#post26006913
New vs old,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts