Pirate 4x4 banner
121 - 140 of 281 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,703 Posts
For all intents and purposes the first run is complete .. other than a very minor adjustment to the intermediate shaft bronze bushing retaining groove. We have been slowed down by the holiday and few other inconsequential things and at this time I am only waiting for the machine shop to make this change to the first run of cases.

·
Registered
344 Posts
BAD MOTHER FUCKER (BMF) cause that's what it is !

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Im interested. Some of this info is old.

What is the final price?
How much of a deposit do you need?
When will they ship?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,703 Posts
Im interested. Some of this info is old.

What is the final price?
How much of a deposit do you need?
When will they ship?

Thanks
The info on the forum is accurate and the price is $895 plus shipping and the deposit is $250. Average US shipping should be near $25, but depends on your exact location. The first run of billet cases is done other than a very minor modification and according to the machine shop the second run will take about a month. if you are interested in purchasing one you are welcome to E-mail me directly or call me. Here is my info:

Sean DeVinney
AFTERMARKET4X4
[email protected]
phone: (757) SIX 85-6161 9am-5pm EST

·
Registered
626 Posts
The first run of billet cases is done other than a very minor modification and according to the machine shop the second run will take about a month.
Well... It's been a month and a half and the first batch isn't even done.

Sean, I understand you're the middle man and you can't do nothing about it.

But the communication from you isn't just awful, it's non-existent.

Please update what's going on.

·
Premium Member
2,703 Posts
....Please update what's going on.
First, I would like to let Jason "Tipover" here on the Pirate4X4 know that I can truly appreciate what he went through to produce the original Sambox and that I respect him for having the drive to see the production through to a completed and marketable transfer case housing. It truly is more complicated than I had previously expected and I want to thank him for such a great product he brought to the Suzuki Community. I also want to thank him for approving bringing these back on the market. As per his request these new billet Samurai transfer case housings will not be officially called the "SAMBOX" and after asking taking suggestions on several forums the following names are the finalists:

BilletBox
SuziBox
ZukiBox
ZuesBox
RockBox

I do want to apologize for the amount of time it has taken to get these on the market and thank you all for your patience. I know that I have been telling everyone that they are almost done for several months and I have been waiting and waiting for the machine shop to make several small changes to them one at a time. These are small changes that do make a difference in the quality and fitment of the billet case. I honestly have been having some issues with this shop and their slow production time and in regards to the completion date I have only been able to relay to others like yourself what they tell me. I have used this shop in the past on smaller jobs with reasonable turn around times and I am not pleased with the length of time it has taken them to help redesign and engineer then machine these cases. I do not intend on employing them to manufacture another complicated item like this as they seem to have only one extremely competent machinist who is a wizard with these more complicated projects, but they are also one of the few within a reasonable driving distance that would actually take on this project.

This is precisely what is going on and with thousands and thousands of dollars and an overwhelming amount of hours involved there is no benefit in my delaying the delivery date. It's actually quite the opposite as I am anxious to get back a portion of my initial investment and get products to those who have placed orders.

I do have one new AFTERMARKET4X4 Samurai BILLET BOX ready (picked it up Friday) and one original SAMBOX II which can be sent out and I am in a holding pattern on the others until they can be finalized by the machine shop and then they can be shipped to customers in the order in which they had put down deposits. Questions or comments... go ahead and flame-away or send me a direct E-mail... or you are welcome to call me directly.

Sean DeVinney
[email protected]
ph: 757- SIX EIGHT FIVE -6161

·
Registered
626 Posts
That is great news.

I'll be ok with the original one providing that it can take a rear disconect from TrailTough.

Mnemonix is waiting for one also if I recall correctly

·
Premium Member
2,703 Posts
Corey Young: The internals are virtually identical and there are cosmetic differences to the exterior, several small alterations, and more machining to the exterior of these new cases so they fit better in to several of the T-case buckets, mounting Arms and mounting systems on the market.
All E-mails I have received so far have been replied to.

The first 3 T-cases are finally completed and two more were picked up today. Customers who placed orders will be sent e-mails to the account which they had sent deposits from so we can get your shipping addresses and quote the actual shipping costs. If anyone does not receive an E-mail please contact me. Thanks to all who have had the patience to wait for these Samurai Billet Cases ... which are still not officially re-named.

Leaning towards the "Samurai Rock Box" or "Samurai Billet Box" ...

Attachments

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
I would try to come up with something that will stick in everyone's head. IE when you say ringR, everyone knows exactly what you are taking about.

Maybe try to include "billet" in the name.

Billet bucket :flipoff2:

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'd like something like Bling Box or so :)
I might send mine to a machinist friend to have it engraved with some logo or a name :smokin:

·
ZUK Herder
4,495 Posts
I already told him to call it the "Geisha" ... A pretty little Asian box that can take all the deep gearing you can put in it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I already told him to call it the "Geisha" ... A pretty little Asian box that can take all the deep gearing you can put in it!
Not only is that probably creating the wrong image for a product aimed at commercial sale, it's also technically inaccurate as to what a geisha is.

By your definition, the most likely match would be a 'Yujo' rather than a Geisha.

·
ZUK Herder
4,495 Posts
oh god take a joke dude.. and good think you don't buy any parts form ZOR myron would would make you shrill

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
There is a very well known vendor that has been selling big black cock shocks for a number of years. I am pretty sure they are not hurting for business :flipoff2:

121 - 140 of 281 Posts