Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some, Ok a lot of people were asking about these, I finally have some pics, let me know what you all think. I'll be putting the details on the Vendor site, and on our web site.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Actually if it's any different a drag link end...say a MOG ES2027L??

SkyMfg said:
Finally got some time to put this stuff up. First is that we have Toyota solid chromo pitman arms, in 1 inch less than stock drop as well as flat. They are tapered for fj-80 ends and 1/2 inch holes. They have the correct metric toyota taper spline for the box. They are just a bit shorter from the center of the box shaft to the tre. Here is a pic, let me know what you all think. And the are $125 ea, and configuration.
Here's the tread in the Vendor Section

·
Registered
961 Posts
very nice!

So- since it is shorter, it would decrease steering effort, but require more turns of the wheel and give a little drag-link to tie rod clearance.

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
Sky correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these are 3/8" shorter than the OEM pitman arm. Thus a bit more steering force required but a bit more pitman arm clearance vs the drag link for adding even more room that you can move the axle farther forward without interference.

·
Broke Bastard
4,117 Posts
Wilson said:
:D Also wondering if you would drill/taper them for a GM rod end.
Me too. If you can taper it for the Chevy TREs for the same price, I am all over it. :p

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Need a chevy taper as well!

JW

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
4RnrRick said:
Sky correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these are 3/8" shorter than the OEM pitman arm. Thus a bit more steering force required but a bit more pitman arm clearance vs the drag link for adding even more room that you can move the axle farther forward without interference.

Duhhhh yep....big fingers, late nights, little keys.
Basically If I had 5 people who ordered these for a chevy taper, I could get them made with a chevy taper. Other wise you need to buy a 1/2 inch strait hole version and have it reamed for a domestic taper. So....If I can get 5 people to order exactly which they need by Friday, I can get you the GM taper version.
I'd have a comparision pic but my dang digital camera is taking pictures in some sort of ultra light sensitive mode so nothing shows up...hopefully get it fixed later today.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
DANG! If I had the money, I'd do it and keep my stocker as a spare. Any chance of this happening or being sold in the future?

Nice work!

Oh, I'd buy the Yota version and ream it, but have had bad luck with the Snap On reamer a friend has. It's been replaced 3 or 4 times and is a lot of work.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Bones said:
DANG! If I had the money, I'd do it and keep my stocker as a spare. Any chance of this happening or being sold in the future?

Nice work!

Oh, I'd buy the Yota version and ream it, but have had bad luck with the Snap On reamer a friend has. It's been replaced 3 or 4 times and is a lot of work.
Really, I have done over 14 tapers with mine, and still works...

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
crash said:

Really, I have done over 14 tapers with mine, and still works...
A camaro one he did, I guess it was like butter. Mine (with Kong's insert which is for a TRE not a DLE :mad:) did it, but it was toast. Snap Off replaced it, same deal on a Scout arm, and a Mog ES2234R rod end. I think he bought a new one elsewhere and it has spiral flutes and worked much better. The snap on one just had vertial edges (perpendicular to what you want to ream) Might have been the design, the steel, both I don't really know.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
SkyMfg said:

If I can get 5 people to order exactly which they need by Friday, I can get you the GM taper version.

For you guys that have posted and said that you need a GM taper, what type of GM TRE do you have? ES2234, ES2026, ES150.....

I am using the babey (ES150).

Sky, exactly what GM TRE would you taper for? All of these TRE's use the same taper, just different depths.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
I use a MOG ES2027L which is a drag link end and is a bigger shank on it same taper though. I think it's a 1 ton unit???

·
Registered
127 Posts
Damn, never checked mine. It's the Kong's Kit, so I've got whatever Mark Mason sent to me :D I would check, but I'm in fawking California.

Also, Sky....PICK UP THE PHONE! ;)

EDIT: Hey Bones....my DLE has the bigger shank also, would this tend to be the MOG # you posted....or are there others with the bigger shank?? Dumb question, but it's kindof hard for me to figure out being so far from the truck :D

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
I couldn't tell ya if there are more than just the one I use. The damn this is huge! My pitman is definatly the weak link IMO.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts