Pirate 4x4 banner

341 - 360 of 386 Posts

·
bobbing for fries
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Made some progress recently. Brought the new to me engine inside, ready to tear down. First I had to make a stand to set the heavy bastard on. 2x3 0.188 tube and a few other scraps.

Attachments

·
bobbing for fries
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
I'm also going a different direction on the doubler setup. Will now be using a 203 reduction box, in front of the 205. Keeping the D&D planetary setup for the S10

Attachments

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Sweet billy! I was thinking about this build yesterday, glad you updated.
The burb looks mean with chains and the wheels full of snow! Wish i was wheeling lol

·
bobbing for fries
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
It was a fun day. Mild/moderate trails, nothing extreme but the snow made for a good time. Lucky me broke trail and waited for everyone to catch up lol. Will12785 rode along and got some good video. Still waiting for him to share them.

Attachments

·
bobbing for fries
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Tearing the new engine down, it's surprisingly clean inside for having nearly a quarter million miles on it. No oil sludge and hardly any wear, you can still see the factory crosshatch in the cylinder walls. There is however some moisture damage on #6, we will see how it cleans up.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just finished the thread, great inspiration. Is the rig still around? I am starting to build a '93 with 454 and am looking for ideas, great to see the 'burbs getting love on here!

·
bobbing for fries
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
Just finished the thread, great inspiration. Is the rig still around? I am starting to build a '93 with 454 and am looking for ideas, great to see the 'burbs getting love on here!
Thanks!

Yeah it's still around. I've been distracted with other projects this past year. Hoping to finish up the Cummins swap over the summer.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Awesome build dude. It's fun to see something different like building a suburban.

I'm just starting on mine. Have you had any issues with your 37s rubbing your front springs when turning? The 36.5" pad width is the only thing making me hold out for a 78-79 Ford Dana 60.

·
bobbing for fries
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
Awesome build dude. It's fun to see something different like building a suburban.

I'm just starting on mine. Have you had any issues with your 37s rubbing your front springs when turning? The 36.5" pad width is the only thing making me hold out for a 78-79 Ford Dana 60.
Thanks!

No issues, they don't come anywhere close to rubbing

·
bobbing for fries
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
Did you get a chance to install the CTD?
It's rebuilt and ready to go. I'm going to freshen up the NV4500 before swapping everything in. Been short on time, with too many projects going on. We bought another house with more land, but it turned into a full gut and remodel. Hoarder house, lots of rodent and insect damage. But the price was right, and it's a lot more private. Trying to at least make it livable so we can move in and either sell or rent out the current house.

·
bobbing for fries
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
Bumping thread.

Hey, BB, any updates?
Nothing to speak of. Still the same excuses as the last post :flipoff2:

Finally hauling my shit down to the new place. I would have been better off burning it down and starting fresh.

New batteries, and injection pump. Other than that nothing has changed. Really getting sick of the 6.5 but the swap is going to have to wait a while longer.

Looking for a 32 spline input for a 203. If anyone has one pm me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Nice to see you still kicking brother!
I have a 203 in the garage. I'll see which input it has.
Ebay probably has some as well.
Pics of your new castle and spread?

341 - 360 of 386 Posts