Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys run these shocks. I've already gotten Way's input. I need to revalve my shocks. I am running a slightly modified version of the 360/80 valving right now. I still have too much body roll at high speeds. Now I don't want a street machine, but I would like a little more control since I don't trailer.

Some specs about the truck. I weighed it last week and it came in at 5340 with my fat arse sitting in the truck. This is evenly spread between the front and rear axle, so 50/50 weight distribution. The front springs are Rovertym's 20.5" Progressive with a rating of 128 - 225 lb/in. The rears are also Rovertym's 3" progressive springs and rated at 285 - 325 lb/in. The rears also have a 1.5" spacer under them.

Now, keeping in mind that these shocks basically have 3 zones (low, medium and high speed) and a compression and rebound side. Which should I concentrate on? High speed rebound, etc.

I have a call into Shane at Bilstein, but given his track record I don't expect to hear much back from him. Plus his experience with Rovers is very very limited.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Tighten your rebound

It's not just your compression of the loaded side that keeps you from rolling around. The faster the unloaded side unloads, the more body roll.

You might also want to re-consider on the initially soft springs. My springs are variable, but only by 40lbs in the front, and 60 in the rear.

It's all in the inital loading. Remember that a object in motion tends to stay in motion, and thay you are dealing with inertial as well as yaw forces.

j

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
More rebound dampening..
I have that same problem on my VERY soft Jeep. Increasing rebound dampening helped a ton!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Larry-

Did you use the full length 7100's in the front or the Shortbody 7100's?

Also, anyone know if the remote resevior can be installed later on a 7100 that came from the factory with the schraeder(sp?) instead of the rem. res.?

:usa:

Craig

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Craig,
I have the 12" Short Body w/ reservoirs on all four corners.

About adding reservoirs, call Shane at Bilstein. Their number is 1-800-537-1085. He works in the "Off-Road" Department. He would definitely know.

I also talked with Shane yesterday about valving for my truck. I have a few disc coming so that I can start playing (again) with my valving to try and get a bit more control. I am going to revalve the front shocks next weekend and see how it goes. Shane also mentioned that they were thinking about trying to get a Range Rover valving in place so that everyone else won't have to go through the fun that I am.

BTW, I am going to start creating a spreadsheet of the valve configurations that I am trying and what the result was. Hopefully I will eventually get it nailed down and everyone can benefit. Well at least eveyone with Bilstein 7100's on a Rangie like mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts