Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I run the 7100 c/o's without the can. I like them alot, though I wish the valving was user adjustable- the compression could be a little softer and the rebound a little stiffer. Valving is 255 comp.,100 rebound. IIRC non coilover applications can be had with different valving than above.
Try http://www.roggyenterprises.com/shocks/7100.html
Bob Roggy- he's in the vendor section.;)

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I run them with the remotes at my rear axle.
They are very affective in a cantilevered position, and are excelent at helping control wheel hop durring hard exceleration climbs.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Chark said:
H8monday...who did you buy from? Thanks alot...also are they the light valving?

I bought them from Central 4WD here in Sacramento, because Bob Roggy was out of town when I needed them. I think I paid $165 ea. I told the manager from Central that they were being used for a heavy comp rig, and I needed a shock that wouldnt pack up as quickly as the 5100, and the R9000 had. He had someone from Bilstien give me a call, and I explained to him the weight at the rear of the vehicle, the angle they would be placed on, and my driving style(or lack of). He asked a few more questions, and said they would be ready in about a week. They were ready about 2 weeks later and I picked them up from Central.
They did come with a slip of paper in each box that had specs on the valving but I havent been able to find a lot of vehicle documents since my last move.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I'm toying with the idea of running these on my XJ when the axle swap goes down. Is it cheaper to run without the resovoirs? Because I really doubt I'll need the resovoirs for my application. Just curious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts