Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running a birf-eliminator kit ? I know there fairly expensive, but is it worth it, and how do they hold up.??? Looking for some input, thanks

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
OOP'S said:
Why not???? Been running one for four years without a problem!!!!!! :grinpimp:

if it was 4 years ago and you had a purchase order from bobby long and redline, which one would you mail with a check and which one would you throw in the trash?

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,738 Posts
Booger Weldz said:
if it was 4 years ago and you had a purchase order from bobby long and redline, which one would you mail with a check and which one would you throw in the trash?
Hard one to call, as well as the RedLine kit has held up!!!!!!!! More then likely Bobby, especally when the 30 spline come out!!!!!! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Birf Eliminator

The main reason is because the birfs seem to be the weak link in the whole truck. Im not a real hard-core 4x4 , probally more like advanced to sometimes hardcore. Anyway my truck is a DD and realibility is very important to me, and besides having to work on the birf on the trail sounds like it really sucks, the birf eliminator seems alot easier and more realible should something fail in the front axle

·
Registered
940 Posts
i think for the price, a 27 spline set of cromos and ringed longfields can't be beat for tires under 38's... but for nearly the same price as the birf-eliminator kit you can get the 30 spline longs and cromos (granted, to take advantage of the increase in strength of both you prolly want to get the hubs drilled, too)

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,738 Posts
racebill said:
The main reason is because the birfs seem to be the weak link in the whole truck. Im not a real hard-core 4x4 , probally more like advanced to sometimes hardcore. Anyway my truck is a DD and realibility is very important to me, and besides having to work on the birf on the trail sounds like it really sucks, the birf eliminator seems alot easier and more realible should something fail in the front axle
You will go through the same repair if the Eliminator kit fails. They a D-44 axles and if you blow a U-joint, you will more then likely screw the axles up to where they will have to be replaced. I carry a long and short side axle, spare Birfield , and spindle with me at all times. I am not extremely hard core, but neither T nor I are mall runners either!!!! We let the gears (207-1) do the work and not our right foot!!!!! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
B

Ok thanks guys, sounds like some good info to think about. The duel case is coming up next on my truck, I 've heard it makes a huge difference, like you say oop's , let the gears do the work. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Racebill

I run 39.5x15x15 TSL's with 27 spline longs, and 4140 cromos. No breaks yet and I use the long skinny petal to the right often.

My buddy has the birfield eliminator kit in a cruiser, runs 35's, V8, full roll cage, wife, 2 kids, dog and breaks his short side often. If he didn't buy it he would of went longs but longs weren't out yet.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
dont waste the money on the eliminator kit
just go longs it would be the biggest bang for the buck

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
racebill said:
Here, Let me help you get a clue. http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/ :flipoff2:

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
WhiteToyMTRS said:
dont waste the money on the eliminator kit
just go longs it would be the biggest bang for the buck
Don't you mean...eliminator kit, the biggest :nuke: for the buck? :eek: :laughing:

Go Bobby Long's 30 spline 4 piece for $635.00

BTW, Bobby is sending mine today :smokin: :D :p

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
according to bobby's experiments his 30 spline chromo setup(axles and birfs) are breaking at approximately the same ft/lbs as a stock 35 spline dana 60(ujoint or shaft/ears??)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Booger Weldz said:
according to bobby's experiments his 30 spline chromo setup(axles and birfs) are breaking at approximately the same ft/lbs as a stock 35 spline dana 60(ujoint or shaft/ears??)

Yup...That's what I'm talkin about.

Bobby also claims that we can run with the bump-stops cranked in to where we can turn the wheels to 48 degrees (See #5 on his 1st post) :D That's way more than any other birf set-up. I currently run at 30 degrees. Can't wait to throw them in:D

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Hammer Hog said:
Yup...That's what I'm talkin about.

Bobby also claims that we can run with the bump-stops cranked in to where we can turn the wheels to 48 degrees (See #5 on his 1st post) :D That's way more than any other birf set-up. I currently run at 30 degrees. Can't wait to throw them in:D
Except when you are leaf sprung you can't turn past 30* anyway.
Get it Hammer Hog!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I am picking up a set of bobby's new 27 splines chromo birfs and inners. I cant wait.

btw, i just blew my first birf last night. longside. wheels cranked to the right hand stops. It made that lovely BANG!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts