Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a picture of 2 birfield sets, I've been running the set that has a goldish tint to them (lower and right in pictures below). Can anyone tell from the picture if these are heat treated? I've been running them for about 3 years, moved up to 37's back in November and haven't broken them yet to my amazement.

Does anyone know what these are and how strong they are?

Also they are slightly longer than the other set??

I know, Just Get Longs. Happy Tuesday:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Put them in and run them till they break--if you have done any searching on the #'s and #'s of threads pertaining to birfs--you might have answered your own questions....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah im going to run them until they break, then put in my spares and order longs. Been running them since October 05.

I searched Birf threads, no info I could find on heat treating, almost everything is on longs. Nothing in FAQ either. Figured it being Tuesday and all I'd ask.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
That birf might possibly be a Profield from All-Pro. Just a guess though. I ran these shortly after I ran 37's and broke both in short order. They almost seemed to break easier than the stockers for some reason even though they were an 'upgrade' at the time. If You've got spares, just run 'em, but be prepared to field fix them.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
That birf might possibly be a Profield from All-Pro. Just a guess though. I ran these shortly after I ran 37's and broke both in short order. They almost seemed to break easier than the stockers for some reason even though they were an 'upgrade' at the time. If You've got spares, just run 'em, but be prepared to field fix them.
It definitely looks like an aftermarket Birf so I doubt it's a stocker that's been heat treated. If it's a profield then they have been tested to be weaker than stock (bobby tested them at one point)

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
The one on the top is a stock pick-up.
The one on the bottom is a stock 76 an up FJ-40.
Thanks Tina

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think it is after market because it had the same markings as the stocker.

The FJ-40 makes sense since the knuckles were actually FJ-40 knuckles. I guess the only question, is it heat treated? Just trying to hold off on the Longs until Christmas.

Thanks.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
I don't think it is after market because it had the same markings as the stocker.

The FJ-40 makes sense since the knuckles were actually FJ-40 knuckles. I guess the only question, is it heat treated? Just trying to hold off on the Longs until Christmas.

Thanks.
What part of stock do you not understand?

"The one on the bottom is a stock 76 an up FJ-40."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts