Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i have a broke right front axle. my front axles have birf rings on them too. my question is..... can a birf ring be pressed off and re-used?

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
there welded

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I had Breeze Ind. rings on mine and was able to press them off and reuse them. Mine were not welded. I only did this once since I got tired of taring apart the whole frontend to fish broken axles out of the carrier.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was hoping i could re-use it. im gonna tear it apart and see what i got sometime next week

·
Registered
915 Posts
Sami axles? Assuming you are talking about an aftermarket sami ring to keep your birf from grenading they are pressed on not welded. I reused mine.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
i was thinking of the old smurfields

·
Registered
580 Posts
Dont waste the money, put a yota axle in. Or PM me and ill sell you sami axles till yer tired of breakn them :smokin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't waste your time! Go to trailtough.com and buy the cromemoly steel axles for $239! You'll never have to worry again

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I would stay away from birf rings just because it moves your weak point to the inner shaft.

Believe me, it's a pain in the butt pulling the whole front end apart to get the chunks out of the 3rd. Although somehow I managed to blow a birf and immediately after blow the inner spines on the other side within minutes of each other.

I have left my front end open to help keep down on busting stuff. If I do I prefer it to be the birf that goes since that's the easiest thing to swap on the trail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts