Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally broke one :D I even finished the trail in 3 wheel drive making speed bump size rocks obstacles :shaking:
Going to order some ringed longs and do a swap in the parking garage to see if I can get kicked out. Pics to follow :D

Joseph

·
Registered
393 Posts
TxCruzr said:
Going to order some ringed longs and do a swap in the parking garage to see if I can get kicked out. Pics to follow :D

Joseph
Boy ...... ain't ya sposed ta be studyin'?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
go for the bling, get the 27 spline 4340 birfs :D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
TxCruzr said:
...there a better place? I have mini-truck birfs so will the seals they have for a LC still work...
I would think so... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KOWBOY said:
Boy ...... ain't ya sposed ta be studyin'?
Ya caught me.
I don't have any test this week so I took advantage of it and went to Katemcy for the WTOR run. I have exams all next week so I'm skipping the TAMOR run this coming weekend...that and I only have 3 wheel drive :shaking:

Thanks for the info on the seals.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
muddogbob said:
I love my birfs. Way cooler than U-joints :flipoff2:
Yeah, I'm sure they're way cooler than Dana 60 CTM ujoints.. :shaking: :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
muddogbob said:
I think so....

I wish I still had the photo when I was puting my front D60 together and put the 35 spline shaft becide a birf and it was :laughing: dam, I felt sorry for the little guy sitting there by that big bad 60. By the way I have yet to break a 60 shaft or joint but I broke 12 to 15 birfs in the same truck, mostly stock birfs but I did break longs and newfields.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
wngrog said:
Like the ones you have that collect dust? At this rate you will be up to 1 run a year!

;)

I'm hoping next year will be better. I'll be down to taking care of only 2 houses and done with remodeling my parent's house. Also, hopefully work will suck less next year.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
RustyNailJustin said:
I wish I still had the photo when I was puting my front D60 together and put the 35 spline shaft becide a birf and it was :laughing: dam, I felt sorry for the little guy sitting there by that big bad 60. By the way I have yet to break a 60 shaft or joint but I broke 12 to 15 birfs in the same truck, mostly stock birfs but I did break longs and newfields.

SO, I am wondering why we are getting into a pissing match over a set of one ton u-joints next to birfields in a half ton rig. I have broken birfs and I have seen my buddies blow U-joints multiple times in there "comparable" Dana 44's. Its all in driving style and tire size in my opinion.

Dan

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Slowerthanu said:
SO, I am wondering why we are getting into a pissing match over a set of one ton u-joints next to birfields in a half ton rig. I have broken birfs and I have seen my buddies blow U-joints multiple times in there "comparable" Dana 44's. Its all in driving style and tire size in my opinion.

Dan

I agree about the pissing match over one ton VS. half ton is lame. But people are always throwing around how toughf longs are. I spent several years and 1000s of dollars trying to get toyota axles to work in my cruiser. I never could keep the front together, every time I went wheeling, every time! I broke a birf of a front shaft. Insted of people just praising one product I am just offering my experience on the subject. I think Longs are great and many people love them and thats fine but when the subject is brought up I am going to throw in my opinion. I wheel my rig on the toughest trails and it does get the piss beat out of it and to this day I have yet to break a 60 shaft or joint. If I would have gone with a 60 out of the gate I actually would have saved money. Does that meen I think everyone should do this? No not at all it just works for me. Just my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts