Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
We are taking the Hummer racing #52
We will be at the pre-run this weekend in three hummer H1s, I drive the yellow one

If any one needs strapped out let us know:smokin:

Rob

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
I'm chasing for Shaffer and maybe Roggy if they are running

·
Registered
547 Posts
We will be there with both class 1 cars:smokin:

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I'll be there chasing for #1043.

·
Registered
288 Posts
V2r 2008

WICKED GRAVITY VIDEO will be out on course, from the Thursday time trial on up to northern Nevada on Friday, working for the TV show. I would be happy to take any witty and intelligent soundbites from any team, either in the pits, or at tech/contingency. I will have a green BITD media vest - and I am easy to spot -- the big hefty guy with a tiny camera -- they told me they have to match camera size with penis size, soooo, I get a small camcorder :(

I am sitting here in my living room, in my undies, watching Dr. Phl with one eye, typing with the other, and looking at the 2008 V2R Official COURSE MAP with the third eye!!! Yep, I have the course map -- but will get killed if I share it before it comes out this weekend. I signed a waiver and work contract release today with Sopwith Motorsports/BITD/PinnedTV: HEre is part of what it says:

"Participant (me) may be working in environments that may be extremely cold, hot dusty, windy, rainy, snowing, prone to earthquakes, fire , flood, windstorms, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, electromagnetic energies, or any acts of God or nature not forseen in the body of this agreement, be inhabited by venomous or poisonous creatures which may strike Participant at any time, all of the above carrying the possibility of causing injury or death to Participant"

Wheww ... scary stuff! I am OK with the dust and wind, but the volcanic eruptions are hard to shake off! They did not even mention attack by the Amargosa Toad! They can pack a punch, so I am told.

See you there -- everyone be safe.

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey WGV, I'll probably be pitting/fueling around Top Gun.

Here was my job description:"Need a couple of volunteers to man the chase truck and fuel tower at the BITD V to R race. We will be fueling and pitting at one location, to be determined later. This will probably be a “roughing it trip” do to the lack of rooms in Beatty, plan on bringing sleeping bags. "

I didn't get the dust/natural disaster warning. Maybe I'll get "hazard pay"?! :laughing:

·
Registered
288 Posts
The Top Gun pits is where the racers come through the series of giant rollers after Rawhide pits -- this is where someone will get motion sickness if they are prone to it. According to the warnings I got, I would say to not worry about the dust, but rather focus on the volcanic eruptions - it really hurts (and burns) when volcanic lava drops out of the sky onto you. I would suggest bringing a 12 volt fan to cool you down if you have to camp out in Beatty -- it is pretty hot at night there. You could always lay down extra $$$ at the brothels there for a place to "sleep". haha

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you happen to be in the 7300 class, stop and say hi, have lunch, BS with the crew and generally lollygag around. . . :)

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are taking the Hummer racing #52
We will be at the pre-run this weekend in three hummer H1s, I drive the yellow one

If any one needs strapped out let us know:smokin:

Rob
Do you know who were in the yellow and silver H2's at the pre-fun? We leap-frogged them a lot on Sunday between Miller and Hawthorne.

This was my first desert go-fast experience--quite a thrill for a crawler from Montana!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I will be in Cozumel, so I'll be sitting this one out. :p

Everyone have fun, and be safe!
Perfect place to ride out the hurricanes at the peak of the season. I'll be sucking up the Nevada silt somewhere between the Shady Lady & the Bunny Ranch digging to get unburied...LOL

as you hold hands and walked down the beach...:eek:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts