Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite Saw Zawll Blade?

The best by far IMOP is the Torch by Milwaukee!!! I cut chunk of quarter inch thick and 9.5 inches round well casing with one and then sliced through the body of my sammy with it. Never went dull!!!

Feel like an infomerchal :flipoff2:

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
FLEXYSAMMY said:
What is your favorite Saw Zawll Blade?

The best by far IMOP is the Torch by Milwaukee!!! I cut chunk of quarter inch thick and 9.5 inches round well casing with one and then sliced through the body of my sammy with it. Never went dull!!!

Agreed 100%.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I use the carbide Milwaukee blades. They cost just a hair more, but IMO are worth it. I'm tough on blades....

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Definitely the torch blades!

I was cutting 1/4" thick 2"x6" box tubing with them when my chop saw was down - add a little bit of cutting oil and they went through quite easy.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I've been using the Extreme Rescue Blades that they sell at H.D. and the like.

FOget who makes em but they last a long time for me.

Have used torch blades and they worked great too.

MJ

·
Premium Member
4,950 Posts
I've had bad luck with the Torches and other "special" Milwaukee. In the past, they have dulled faster than any other blade I've used. Fortunately, I got the blades VERY cheap compared to normal :D

I usually buy some plain 14tpi(I think) by Milwaukee and adjust my Sawzall speed for what I'm cutting. I also add a little cutting fluid if I'm going for a long cut.

I went and cut two pieces of 1/2" plate bolted together all at once with no problem using a plain 14tpi blade(about 4 feet of cutting)

The only reason I like the Torches is they are thicker so when they bind, they just bend up. The plain blades have a habbit of folding and snapping:eek: I've been nicked more than once by the snapped edge :p

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
the torch blades had always worked good for me.........but....when the buggy was in mid (sprint) build up and it was 2 a.m. and the only place open was WalMart (24hrs) we decided to see if they had anything at all and we'd buy tons because they weren't milwalkee.....the blades they had were somehting like Craftsman or the like ( I can't really remember) but holy shit!!!!!!!!!!We wen't throught two torch blades getting through 3/4 of whatever we were cutting at the time (the second blade was the last before we went to WalMart) then we used the WalMart blade to finish that piece off and cut the entire other one...... I was shocked and amazed

Now run to WalMart :flipoff2:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
ToyFamily said:
the torch blades had always worked good for me.........but....when the buggy was in mid (sprint) build up and it was 2 a.m. and the only place open was WalMart (24hrs) we decided to see if they had anything at all and we'd buy tons because they weren't milwalkee.....the blades they had were somehting like Craftsman or the like ( I can't really remember) but holy shit!!!!!!!!!!We wen't throught two torch blades getting through 3/4 of whatever we were cutting at the time (the second blade was the last before we went to WalMart) then we used the WalMart blade to finish that piece off and cut the entire other one...... I was shocked and amazed

Now run to WalMart :flipoff2:
:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

We were notching the wishbone links :flipoff2: Much to my disappointment... the local Wal Mart doesn't have sawzall blades anymore, so I'm back to the Milwaukees.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
dont like the torch for sheet metal, they loose teeth like a kentucky native, ive been using these bosch blades they look goffy as hell but cut sheet metal really well, for just plain steel the torch and rescue blades are the shit

Ben

1 - 11 of 11 Posts