Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1988 Full-size Chevy Blazer and was wondering what the biggest lift offered is. It has 10 bolt front and rear, but will be getting a 14 bolt/Dana 44 combo. The reason I ask is in the magazines they only offer lifts for 69-87 Chevys. The 88 is a straight axle so what's the difference? Will one of these lifts fit on my Blazer?

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Originally posted by SKULL:
<STRONG>Thanks for the info.</STRONG>
Suspension wise a 12" lift is the largest by the big name companies and i am sure National Spring can make an even higher lift.

The reason you dont see many 88+ lift kits is because most compies list the 88+ stuff as the IFS Chevys and forget about us with the Blazers that stayed the same up until 91..

And I also highly recommend ColoradoK5.com, but at the moment it is down...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a twelve in lift on my blazer, it costs a whole lot (lots of little things that add up) just my two cents.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Originally posted by lv2whl:
<STRONG>I have a twelve in lift on my blazer, it costs a whole lot (lots of little things that add up) just my two cents.</STRONG>

yup..your right. i have my 84 up 6 and thats plenty for it. too short of wheelbase. i bet you had fun with d-shaft angles. the little things can be a big bitch sometimes and the little things will cost more than the lift its self

1 - 6 of 6 Posts