Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have psc double ended rams front and rear in a matched system (pump,res,valve ect)

Wondering what the best way to bleed the rear system as its controlled by a joystick(mechanical) and the whole system in general.

I searched came up empty and Kelvin is gone for the day, thanks for any help in advance Ryan

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Nothing to add but I'm interested too to see how to bleed the back end. I will be plumbing my rear system in a month or so and have been scratching my head trying to figure this one out. I didn't know about with the truck off, pre-filling the ram, then having someone hold the stick one direction and manually push the tires that direction. Then do the same the other way. I'm really hoping there is a much easier trick.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Unless you're 100% sure you're going to use all of the ram's travel, unhook the tires from the ram so it's free to move. Otherwise you'll trap air in the ram.

I didn't pre-fill the ram, or the lines, though I spun the PS pump with a low-speed drill beforehand with my wife operating the RS valve, and it got alot (like 95%) of the bubbles out.

If you can find a way to spin the PS pump around 300-400RPM, do it, it'll make bleeding a snap. I had the whole thing bled in under an hour.

I made a post about it in this section about a month or 2 ago.. Here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=597206&highlight=hydro

·
Registered
595 Posts
with an open center valve you only need to bleed the air out of the cylinder and lines to the cylinder, the pressure and return will take care of themselves, as for the cylinder and hoses take them off the valve and put them in a bucket of fluid and manually cycle the tires lock to lock until all the air is out then put them back on the valve and fire it up, {yeah its thay easy}

1 - 5 of 5 Posts