Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Honestly. I've put a few of these together and I don't like them. Their tolerances are a little off, the rollmark is off-putting and their coating is a little too grey for me. I prefer a satin black. But, if you need cheap receivers, fucking buy them up.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Honestly. I've put a few of these together and I don't like them. Their tolerances are a little off, the rollmark is off-putting and their coating is a little too grey for me. I prefer a satin black. But, if you need cheap receivers, fucking buy them up.
Please elaborate. I don't give a fuck about "too grey" or an ugly rollmark, but I do expect a lower to fit right.

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Please elaborate. I don't give a fuck about "too grey" or an ugly rollmark, but I do expect a lower to fit right.
Its small things that make assembly more difficult or fitement off.

Examples:
-bolt catch pin hole slightly too small
-safety selector mount hole just barely off center.
-coating build up on grip mount.
-fire control pin holes either too small or too much coating.

The biggest issue I have seen with them are very loosely drilled mount ears/rear take down pins. It causes them to fit really loosely to any upper and some were so bad you feel a slight "clank" when moving the assembled rifle around.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The biggest issue I have seen with them are very loosely drilled mount ears/rear take down pins. It causes them to fit really loosely to any upper and some were so bad you feel a slight "clank" when moving the assembled rifle around.
I have this issue with the Anderson lower I got from PSA a while back. does it with multiple uppers that fit fine on other lowers.
I won't buy another

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
Its small things that make assembly more difficult or fitement off.

Examples:
-bolt catch pin hole slightly too small
-safety selector mount hole just barely off center.
-coating build up on grip mount.
-fire control pin holes either too small or too much coating.

I have this issue with the Anderson lower I got from PSA a while back. does it with multiple uppers that fit fine on other lowers.
I won't buy another
Holy stick a fork in it batman, were these blems or non-blems as well? Couldn't find a blem on the first one I pulled out of the box of a blem 80% order. They could be out of spec?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It was a blem lower for me. The blem was noticeable on mine and it could have been out of spec as well. for the price it is what it is. not much lost just would prefer to go with another vendor next time I need one.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't have one of the blems, but my 3 went together fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts