Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's the deal'o. This is the same PROPRIETARY axle design used in our BLING 300M Toyota axles.

OUR AXLES:
-Available for Mini Trucks, 40's, & 60's (front axles).
-CNC machined from high quality 4340 material.
-Total elimination of the inner C-Clip on the birf. side of the axle.
-The od of the shaft is machined to match the minor diameter of the 27 spline side of the axle. Why...????? To allow the axle to take MORE deflection than the stock design.
-A sanding opperation is then done to minimize stress risers that may be present after the lathe opertaion (fast feed rates). Just incase you were wondering..... yes shaft dimensions were taken into consideration due to the loss of material from this opperation.

COMPEDITORS AXLES:
-Same design as OEM = Your still gonna break the shaft right after the splines stop.
-Require welding to keep the axle from sliding into the diff. Do you really want to weld on your nice new 4340 axles???? It can actually lead to a nice little stress riser due to the heat of the heat affected zone (HAZ).

NO, these axles are not as bitch'in as our 300M's but it is by FAR the best axle available in it's price range.

PRICING:
$219.99 Shipped to your Mutha [email protected]#$'in door (in the lower 48, & add tax if in CA).To get this pricing you need to mention the add on PBB. This offer is good until the whoring of Toyota product is put to a stop.:confused: ........ when ever that will be.

Our first run of axles will arrive in 2-3 weeks. Please call to pre-order as these will go faster than KRISPY CREAM doughnuts at a cop convention. :fj: 805-234-1760

The pic is of our 300M axles (same design as the 4340's) however, the finish won't be polished. It will be a smooth black finish due to the last opperation from the induction heat treat.

Attachments

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
PIG said:
[BPRICING:
$219.99 Shipped to your Mutha [email protected]#$'in door (in the lower 48, & add tax if in CA).To get this pricing you need to mention the add on PBB. This offer is good until the whoring of Toyota product is put to a stop.:confused: ........ when ever that will be.

Our first run of axles will arrive in 2-3 weeks. Please call to pre-order as these will go faster than KRISPY CREAM doughnuts at a cop convention. :fj: 805-234-1760

[/B]
:laughing:

PIG, you are the MAN!!!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Well Damn, you will have a call first thing this morning. I would call now but it is only 5 am there.

Heres to you thanks for taking the trouble out of Martack on a new axle:beer:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I may be missing something, where is the martack eliminator? From the looks of the side gear side splines, nothing has been done to stop it from going in to far.

Pig Rules!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Spaceghost, go to his 300m Bling, Post here in the Vendor section he has pics and marks on the areas you are talking about.;)

Pig just called and left you a message, save me a set. I am waiting for the call back.;)

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DBrown2 said:

Pig just called and left you a message, save me a set. I am waiting for the call back.;)
Thanks for the order Dave. Look for a package before Christmas.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Well your Welcome, I am just glad you have stepped to the table with such good products.

Here lately the Fedex and UPS guy have thought I was going to attack them each time I hear there trucks back in to the Dock Plate.

To all that havent delt with Pig, this is my first and want be my last. He actually took time to make conversation instead of asking what credit card you using today. He is honest and a stand up guy heres to ya:beer:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Pig: Love the idea, wish I had the quarters right now to pull off a pair...hopefully later this month (and before the "wars" are over!)

Question tho...these are thinner throughout the shaft to allow for additional twist absorbtion...however, when these do break (and the way this crew works, someone will), what kind of backlash effect with that have on a lunchbox locker? My one concern is I'm able to push them to breakage, then discover that the reaction in the locker trashed it too...

any thoughts??

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
woody said:
Pig: Love the idea, wish I had the quarters right now to pull off a pair...hopefully later this month (and before the "wars" are over!)

Question tho...these are thinner throughout the shaft to allow for additional twist absorbtion...however, when these do break (and the way this crew works, someone will), what kind of backlash effect with that have on a lunchbox locker? My one concern is I'm able to push them to breakage, then discover that the reaction in the locker trashed it too...

any thoughts??
Let me clear some things up here on the design. Notice that the OD of the shaft (the main part of it) is smaller than any other point on the shaft. What this does is localize the area of stress the axle sees. If the axles does break, it will break in the middle of the shaft where the load can be spread out the most. And if it does (unlikely) break it will/should yeild (twist) in that area of the shaft before it shears thus absorbing most of the potential energy stored up in the axle.

If you think about it, everyone that kills a diff after the axle breaks because of all this potential energy stored up in the axle as it twists. Typically, the axle will just shear at the snapring grove (stress riser) and unleash all the energy the Whole shaft has on the diff. Think of it as acceleration of a car or whatever. You are gonna be able to get to a higher top speed (acceleration of the shaft twisting) if you have a longer distance.... Make sense??? Tell me if it doesn't.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
PIG said:

Think of it as acceleration of a car or whatever. You are gonna be able to get to a higher top speed (acceleration of the shaft twisting) if you have a longer distance.... Make sense??? Tell me if it doesn't.
does now....thanks!! Just gotta schmoooooze the comptroller this weekend.... <wink>

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
71tlcfj40 said:
Are the 300m fj40 axles still on the way or are these replacing them? I am a bling bling kind of guy.
The 300M fj stuff is on hold for now unless you want to buy 1 off's for 700 bucks a pair.... The 4340 fj axles on the way are the next best thing and for the price they CAN'T be beat.

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AlaskaToy said:
Are the splines rolled or machined?
Sorry I missed this question. The splines on the diff side are rolled and the splines on the birf side are hobbed. The birf side splines were hobbed because of the tapered spline design..... rolling them was not an option. It really isn't a big deal in this application because of the shaft od. Besides the shaft is inductioned after all the machine work anyways so its not like heat treated material is being machined away.

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
An answer to alot of the PM's I am getting.............. No need to martack these axles.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
the martack goes at the diff end, what stops it sliding into your diff centre?

(obvisouly, the smaller part has the taper to stop it going to far into the birf.)

(out of curiosity?)

1 - 20 of 126 Posts