Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: the list of closures below - does anybody have a map of what areas were closed? Or any idea of where I can no longer go? I thought I stayed pretty informed on what was going on, but I had no idea all this was coming down at once.

Chris

· CLOSURE OF WASHES - In an effort to reduce impacts to sensitive resources and desert tortoise habitat, the BLM issued a decision record, on October 19, 2001, to close to vehicle use specified routes of travel in the lower Chemehuevi Valley in San Bernardino County and all driveable washes in eastern San Bernardino, Riverside, and Imperial Counties.
· CLOSURE OF CAMPING AT IMPERIAL SAND DUNES - On Friday, October 19, 2001, the BLM issued a decision record to close to camping approximately 25,600 acres of public land east of the Imperial Sand Dunes to protect desert tortoise habitat.
· ROUTE CLOSURES IN EDWARDS BOWL AREA - In an effort to reduce impacts to private property, sensitive resources and desert tortoise habitat, on Friday, October 19, 2001, the BLM closed approximately 3,200 acres of public lands to motorized vehicle use within the Edwards Bowl area in San Bernardino County.
· ROUTE CLOSURES IN THE WEST MOJAVE - On Friday, October 19, 2001, the BLM issued a decision of record to close specified routes of travel to motorized use in the Newberry-Rodman, Red Mountain, Superior, and Helendale subregions within the West Mojave Planning area to provide additional protection to the desert tortoise and its habitat.
· RECLOSURE OF IMPERIAL SAND DUNES AREAS - The BLM released the Decision of Record on Friday, October 19, 2001 reclosing approximately 49,300 acres of the Imperial Sand Dunes to off-highway vehicle recreation. This decision replaces the BLM's previous decision issued in November 2000 which was done without proper consultation.

THERE IS NO CONSIDERATION WITH ANY OF THESE CLOSURES TO PROVIDE ANY MITIGATION FOR THE IMPACT ON
OHV RECREATION OPPORTUNITIES!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts