Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I'm a newbie at this stuff so be gentle......I have an 85 toyota Custom cab and my question is can you put blocks under the front springs with out changing anything and if so whats the most you can go.....Its all stock right now I just bought some 33x14.00x15 boggers for it so I need some lift to clear them

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
wow you wernt kidding about the newbie stuff, post in the newbie section. oh and never put blocks in the front, on second thought never use blocks cause they are gay

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
WAYUPTHERE said:
OK guys I'm a newbie at this stuff so be gentle

Sorry we should of named this site VELVET PIRATE!:flipoff2:

No you can't put lift blocks in the front, they are dangerous and they will mangle parts and people will let you know you are a dumbass. Want a lift, do a little searching...

Welcome NOOBIE!:laughing:

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Het thx for not being a lazy ass and searching before you posted, cause I know for a fact there is no post on blocks on here, no way was there this long ass post TODAY about blocks.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SeaBass44 said:
Het thx for not being a lazy ass and searching before you posted, cause I know for a fact there is no post on blocks on here, no way was there this long ass post TODAY about blocks.......:rolleyes:
Hey no problem thanx for not being dick

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
:shaking: put some 7" blocks in the front, get on the freeway, and get goin' about 60 mph, then dynamite the brakes, then, if you still like them.........go higher!!!!! :flipoff2: :flipoff2: , to put it nicely, GO TO THE NEWB SECTION!!!!!

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys I got to learn somewhere my bad for the newbie post but there's no need to be bitches about it

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
its not the newbie post, first the question is real dumb, and you posted in the wrong section. and you diddnt search, this question has been answered 1000's of times before, these guys are getting tired of it. you got your answer, now YOU STOP BEING THE BITCH you douche.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The only way to fit those boggers is with a 12-14 inch body lift. Most of us are cutting costs by making our own. Half inch all thread works best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4CrawlR thank you sir........And Tanman me stop???? looks like your the one still running your cock sucker!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
shut yer dirty man pleaser! i answered your question, the answer is no. th forces placed on the front axle while turning can make the blocks spit out, then your fawked. why don you just get a bodly lift? save you some money, a hell of a lot safer than blocks, buy it from 4crawler. ya happy douche?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
heh wayupthere your obviously a noob so if these guys tell u your a moron and need to search then your a moron and need to search.
Damn noob u have a lot to learn and dont talk back

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Welcome Noob

Being a noob myself, just be glad that they were in a good mood or they could have really been ugly in answering your question. :D

Using the search button will save you a lot of tongue lashings and significantly cut down on the number of single digits you have aimed at you! :flipoff2:

You will also find that this place is a wealth of information on 1st gen Toyotas, so hang around and drink in the knowledge, just ignore the scathings that often come with it. Grow a thick skin and you'll do fine!

:smokin:

·
BAM!BAM!BAM!BAM!BAM!
2,083 Posts
Better yet even, put in some 7 inch blocks in the front go as deep in the mountain as you can then, with a little speed, hit a tree that is laying in the trail. When you hear a shotgun sound and a lowering sensation of the blocks turnin loose, remember everyone here was just warning you in their own sarcastic Pirate way. :flipoff2: :nuke:

·
Registered
256 Posts
chad dillon said:
The only way to fit those boggers is with a 12-14 inch body lift. Most of us are cutting costs by making our own. Half inch all thread works best.
man you dont know anything. everyone knows that when you make a custom body lift you use wood. it keeps the cost down and will last for years of heavy wheeling. :shaking:

jesus some people these days... :flipoff2:

·
Registered
256 Posts
tanman2003 said:
wood? no never! mdf or particle board, it withstands deep water crossings better.

aww shoot i never thought of that!. it would absorb the water and then the water would dry into the particle board giving it added strength. i forgot the whole water+wood= Stronger then steel concept :( :rolleyes: :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
If you want to lift the front, blocks AINT what you wanna use.

Your choices are longer shacles, drop hanger for the front springs, or springs with more arch... Lift blocks creat a HUGE amout of leverage, and bad things happen...

And welcome noob, and back talkin us "old" fellers will get you in hot water around here...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts