Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey...anyone ran one on this board? or on any turbo'ed ride actually. did you make a guard for mud and water for it? did you have any dirt problems? how much psi did you run and what blow off valve? i just don't want ot get a bov if 7psi isn't really enough to make certain bov's work properly. thanks. steve.

p.s. this is just kinda for fun. lol. to mess with ricers.

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
If you have an auto trans and less than 7psi, it's probably not necessary...but yeah, the best method is to route the outlet of the bov back to the turbo inlet...otherwise add a small K&N type breather filter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know I'm new to the forum but I do know a little about turbos (just sold an eagle talon and had to do a lot of work on it). A blowoff valve would definitely be a good idea. not having one could possibly cause you to bend the blades in your turbo or even the shaft. At the very least if you don't have one it will cause your turbo to slow down a lot more when you let off of the gas than if you had one, not good for lag. anyways, the BOV on a 2nd gen eclipse/laser will usually start to leak around 16 psi so it might be a good one to look into. if your interested check out dsmtrader.com i'm positive you could get one really cheap there.

hehehe stupid ricers, they won't know what hit em

1 - 3 of 3 Posts