Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
havin problems blowin through 425 impco myxer with turbo... boosted air is pushin diafram back down an chokin it out. Any help large appreciated!
I know its possible to blow through it but im missin somethin somewhere.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea bout all are draw through but there is a way to blow through it. Just gotta find at one person ats done it. I may have to end up doin draw through. I know how to do that though. Just wanna be different cause aint many blow through propane turbo setups

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Yea bout all are draw through but there is a way to blow through it. Just gotta find at one person ats done it. I may have to end up doin draw through. I know how to do that though. Just wanna be different cause aint many blow through propane turbo setups
Sounds like being different is what's giving you the problems. Search blow through:laughing:

·
Registered
15 Posts
id say experiment with a 450 ohg mixer i run them on both my turbo blow through set ups one a 22re and the other a 4.3 chev they start and run flawless everyday

checkout you tube therealpropaneturbo u ll find my blazer on the circletrack

·
Registered
15 Posts
propane turbos all the way

hey i got a 87 lifted reg with 35 toyos and a 22re propane with a 450 OHG mixer with a garrett 2860rs ball bearing turbo and intercooler.. it spools around 2500 and turns on at 2800-3000 and will hit 6500rpm at 12psi creeps to 15psi. the motor has head studs and a big head shim a and 30$ head gasket from lordco.. i was runnin 24psi but was having tranny issues not the clutch which i have a fly wheel eater clutch. went through 2 5speed four cylinder ones than my buddy cut the bellhousing off and welded it to a v6 5 speed tranny (and yes it can be done i have pics) and just run my 12 psi cause it rips. i have pics if u wish to see anything youtube videos soon

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
hey i got a 87 lifted reg with 35 toyos and a 22re propane with a 450 OHG mixer with a garrett 2860rs ball bearing turbo and intercooler.. it spools around 2500 and turns on at 2800-3000 and will hit 6500rpm at 12psi creeps to 15psi. the motor has head studs and a big head shim a and 30$ head gasket from lordco.. i was runnin 24psi but was having tranny issues not the clutch which i have a fly wheel eater clutch. went through 2 5speed four cylinder ones than my buddy cut the bellhousing off and welded it to a v6 5 speed tranny (and yes it can be done i have pics) and just run my 12 psi cause it rips. i have pics if u wish to see anything youtube videos soon

Did you really have to post this same exact post in 3 threads.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I believe thats how stub's setup is done.
This is correct. Draw through set up. Keeps the air-pane mixture correct through out the rpm range.

·
Registered
15 Posts
no i guess not

Did you really have to post this same exact post in 3 threads.
i guess i didnt but after i did the first one i realized im a newbie and dont quite understand the whole checkin in thing. so i figured id post there too.
Sorry for irritating you wont happen again

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are you running balance tubes between the mixer, vaporizer and lockoff valve?
ya balance the regulater my lock off is electric

The model e's don't like more than 7psi boost, they will start leaking out of the cover.

ive run 18-22 psi the only issues ive had were old diaprahms would crack and start to leak coolant out the two little holes but once replaced with new one still no issues

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
whats an OHG 450? couldnt find anything on it when searched. sorry taken so long to get back to yall. the boosted air is pushin the diaphram back down an chokin the motor out. what will fix this?? everything ive read bout blowin through with propane doesnt mention anything bout this! large agravated!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
whats an OHG 450? couldnt find anything on it when searched. sorry taken so long to get back to yall. the boosted air is pushin the diaphram back down an chokin the motor out. what will fix this?? everything ive read bout blowin through with propane doesnt mention anything bout this! large agravated!!!!!
An ohg is a mixer that uses metering rods like a carb and they work awesome all i use for motors from the 22 re to 454 big block No diaphrams. I pmd u about checking to make sure ur balance lines are in the right spot

1 - 20 of 40 Posts