Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driving to work in the wind today being blown from on side of the lane to the other ... im on 31's and no lift ... just wonderng how you bigger dudes do in the wind

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
well my rig is not as big as most here (33's and 4" lift) but i havent had a problem. just how much wind are we talking here?

·
thhhpptthh!
46,717 Posts
mobil1syn said:
driving to work in the wind today being blown from on side of the lane to the other ... im on 31's and no lift ... just wonderng how you bigger dudes do in the wind

driving to work, in the crawler?? HAHAHAHAH riiiiight..... :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: blownin over in the wind

sceep said:

driving to work, in the crawler?? HAHAHAHAH riiiiight..... :flipoff2:
A. hey i never claimed it was a crawler
B. im a broke college student ... its a slow process
C. not everyone can afford a trail rig

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
What exactly is this rig? My old factory hardtop Samurai used to try to spontaneously switch lanes in a strong Oklahoma crosswind...

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flatbeded 84 toyota

·
Registered
305 Posts
mobil1syn said:
You said you from L.A. right?

Well get off the damn cell phone, that should help :flipoff2:

maybe you should try some adjustable rancho shock to stiffen up the on road ride for less sway.

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: blownin over in the wind

tomw said:

You said you from L.A. right?

Well get off the damn cell phone, that should help :flipoff2:

maybe you should try some adjustable rancho shock to stiffen up the on road ride for less sway.
A. i aint from L.A.
B. i dont talk on the cell phone
C. got rancho 5 in the front and some procomp es9000 things in the back that are super stiff (got em for free)

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
nice tech :rolleyes:

take this shit to chit chat

·
Registered
13,973 Posts
Psst, there is a 'wind sucks ass' thread over in chitchat already ya cross-poster. :p

Even in my car the wind is bad here, especially crossing the bypass over the river into Sacramento... If the Bronco was running right now, I'd take it out for a spin to tell you...I'll just have to wait till I charge the battery and mount the 37's. :laughing: Right, like that'll happen soon. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Jeepmangled87 said:
I think my rig would flop over for sure, oh and if i tryed to drive it to work, the thing would probably vibrate to bits.:flipoff2:
Does your vehicle even move yet :confused: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
mobil1syn said:

Yes wind sucks when you are driving over 200 miles+. In a Jeep when the wind is kicking ass.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Re: Re: Re: blownin over in the wind

mobil1syn said:

A. i aint from L.A.
B. i dont talk on the cell phone
C. got rancho 5 in the front and some procomp es9000 things in the back that are super stiff (got em for free)
A. This thread has no tech
B. This thread belongs in shit-shat
C. We already got a wind thread there, so this thread is useless.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hmmmm....

I am SOA, 3" lift springs, no sway bars, and for the street 35" BFG AT's.

If you cant handle the sway then just stay away! :flipoff2:

Seriously though, I really dont think it's that bad, sure the wind will move you but if you're paying attention then you should be just fine.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
mobil1syn said:
You have to make sure to sit with your ass perfectly aligned in the seat. Then the "wind" won´t blow to the side...... You should be good from there.

HTH

pussy........:crybaby:

:flipoff2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts