Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BLT2ROKs new buggy build up

I started building a new buggy forBLT2ROK today. We removed all the parts not needed and hopefully will start bending tubes tommorrow. check in a see the progress. sorry about the sammy it's in pcs but it will be nice when done.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
is that a toyota rear in the picture or are those wheel adapters

·
Registered
591 Posts
Looks good Nathan I cant wait to get it back. It didnt look that dirty when i brought it up there.

It has toy axles 5.29 gears welded rear arb front , 30 spline longs stations hydro steering. It will have front and rear 4 links with fox air shocks and 38 sxs and some tube work.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
DAMN It was robbed...LOL Looks naked. I cant wait to see this build.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we finished up the removal of all the junk and the frame
Now we got to the fun part bending tubes. We started the main cage and dash.
Then we moved on to the reinforcing the top.
hopefully more tommorow.

·
Registered
351 Posts
That looks good. You do nice work.
I owe matt a roll over, so I'll test it out.
Keep up the pics.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Looking good. Man I didnt realize it was that dirty I would have cleaned it better.

Aron i realy didnt roll yours it was kinda just a flop and I think you trained it to do that because ti was always on tis side.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That thing was so nasty it took an hour to find the frame under all that mud. Then you start cutting and dirt comes out of everywhere but no big deal just add a little to that bill. ha ha. almost finished with the front have new pics tommorrow. any luck on the parts we talked about?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thats Alabama mud in there it's just finding it's way home.

I haven't checked on the parts yet maybe tomarrow.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We just about got things all done today but it looks like it should be finished sat.
I hope you like what you see only a few more things to do. I'm going to leave the rear shock mounts off I have them cut and mitered to fit but I thought that you would mount them were you wanted. Also have not made the mount for the fuel cell thought you might want to do that or just tell me were you want it and I will mount it.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
im basically following this build because this is exactly what i have in mind of building. I just bought 120 feet of tubing and am about to get started. im not going to use quite as much in the front but does 120 ft seem like it will be enough if i get all my bends right the first time around? also ive been looking at running 2x4 box at a 45 for my sliders but what exactly are u using? what dimension do you have in a horizontal plane from were the stock frame is cut to the back of the rear hoop? also any pointers before i try to tackle this myself? thanks killer work

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I started with 200 feet of tubing and so far I have used about 170 and I still have a few bars to make. about the 2x4, laying it on a 45 would look good it will be a pain to fit all your tube ends on a 45 or even having to cope them to fit on the corner of the tube. as for the rocksliders we bent a pcs of .125 plate to make a slider a little different than any thing i that i have seen. Most people use 2x4 and that's fine but I just wanted something different. From the rear of the frame to the new bar is 48" strait back.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Keep them coming, your doing what I've been thinking of lately. Very close but dropping the seat area. Keep feeding us ideas. :cool2:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finished the chassie on monday but didn't get a chance to get pics up sorry also how much for the left over springs and other parts?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ellis DeWalt said:
nice tube work, but the wheelbase looks alittle off:flipoff2:

Also looks like you have alot of shells laying around....
Ita gettin 4 linked and air shocks when it gets home.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Nice work.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts