Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That's right, they SUCK...

They sucked $250. bucks outta me for a lifetime membership just yesterday. :flipoff2::D:D I was a member before but I had let it lapse. After all that's been going on lately, I figure Blue Ribbon is gonna be a big player in fighting the closures of miles and miles of 'Our' trails... So to insure I stay up to date and don't let my membership expire ever again, I signed up for a lifetime membership...

I'm fast approaching 60 and ya'll know I gots a bad ticker so who knows how long my 'lifetime' will be. One of the reasons this whole closure thing bothers me so much personally. I do NOT have the ability to hike for miles in thin air. (or even thick air for that matter) So what happens if I should hike in several miles to camp or fish and I suffer some kind of heart failure. Who the fawk is gonna drag my fat old ass back to the highway (where my heep will be parked 1 car length from the road)??? NOBODY, that's who... :eek: Now If I can drive back there, at least someone could dump me in the heep and drive me back out and to the horsepital... Sure I still might not make it but I'd croak for sure if I was on foot... :flipoff2:

Same goes for someone getting injured. I'm sure every one of you has slipped on the dust covered granite rocks before. I have seen people take a spill (on foot even) and break things. Hell, it's a long drive back to the asphalt. Imagine having to walk. And carry someone that's injured... :eek:

It's a 'safety issue' dammit...

·
Registered
118 Posts
My story is kind of the same. I had been feeling like BRC hadn't been doing much for me and let my membership lapse about 6 months ago. With everything that's been going on, and BRC's recent public involvement in Route Designation, last weekend I decided to sign up again for 2 years.

Fred

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was in a seminar today in Reno (see my report:p OHV vs USFS). I sat at a table behind the BRC reps. They were there doing there job:D

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Good job Glenn! I am a life member as well, but I'm only 32 so I figure I got a deal from them. I hope that there are still plenty of trails to wheel on when I am 60 (and I hope I look as good as you do at 60).

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good job Glenn! I am a life member as well, but I'm only 32 so I figure I got a deal from them. I hope that there are still plenty of trails to wheel on when I am 60 (and I hope I look as good as you do at 60).
Well, Thank You... And 'Bear', the feeling is mutual my friend. :D:D

Only one person in my family (both sides) ever lived past the age of 60. (Gramps made it to 80) Most passed away from heart failure of some kind. My Dad was 57 when his gave out. I'm actually not quite 60 just yet but I will be 59 in Nov. I figure I've already got him beat by at least one year and I plan on being the next to make it past 60. (behind my sis who just turned 60)

I try to act like I'm 32 and most of the time I feel like it too.:rasta: But there are more and more days when I do feel like 60. :( Immona keep on wheeling till I croak... :D:D (assuming they don't close all the trails):eek:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Good job on supporting BRC with the lifetime membership!

BRC is heavily involved in the Moab RMP, and they've started a Moab Partner program for concerned users to donate $10/month to help analyze and fight the recommended closures.

I know there's a lot going on right now, but with our two biggest 4x4'ing icons (the Rubicon and Moab) under attack, the time to act is now! Next year will be too late!

http://www.sharetrails.org/public_lands/index.cfm?section=Moab2

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
I was involved in discussions and comments leading up to to the Forest Service release of the route designation process on July of 2004.

I was hosting the United Land Use Conference in Harrisburg, PA when Art Jeffords of the Washington Office and guest speaker at the conference, introduced the official release of the the travel management rule.

Shortly after that time, BRC, UFWDA, AMA, MIC, and NOHVCC began planning the training the training series being conducted by NOHVCC.

I was one of the first to receive a copy of the training Forest Service held for their employees. The current sessions being conducted by NOHVCC provide more information.

While it may not be visible, the national organizations HAVE BEEN and continue to be very active in the on-going discussions and activities concerning route designation.

However, that involvement is not possible without membership dues support.

That involvement is not possible without funding from a variety of sources.

And, more important, that involvement is not possible without the efforts of the members that want to get out and use the trails for a quality recreation experience.

Thanks four your support. Please keep you involvement building. It is making a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
John is right about the involvement of the organizations.

Many times you do not hear much about their involvement because if too much info is given out, the anti-access crowd will figure out our tactics and try to counter before we have even published anything.

For those that donate, and continue to donate, a big THANK YOU.
Work on your friends that are not part of a local club, state association, or national organization.

Todd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts