Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would a plasma cutterwork for bobbeing my 89 toy bed?? just thought of being lazy :smokin:

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
sure......... so will a hack-saw :D

Unless you made a fence to act as a guid the plasma cut will be sloppy and might even tweak the metal from the heat.

a Sawzall would be better ;)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Kyron said:
sure......... so will a hack-saw :D

Unless you made a fence to act as a guid the plasma cut will be sloppy and might even tweak the metal from the heat.

a Sawzall would be better ;)
sawzall's are horrible too, air body saws or a cutoff wheel on an angle grinder

Ben

·
Registered
449 Posts
heres mine. my friend and i cut it, first time ever using a sawzall. came out perfect... just put some masking tape down to create a line then cut between the two rows of tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
saw zaw

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Ramcock said:
Arrgh! I HATE when people do that!
It's SAWZALL!!!

*deep breath* *deep breath*

OKay... I'm better now. :flipoff2:

Milwaukee's new 10 amp Sawzall® is the most durable reciprocating saw on the market, and at only 7 pounds, it offers the best power to weight ratio in its class.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just be careful not to light your crotch on fire! :flipoff2:

Edit: To answer your question yes a plasma will work just find, making a guide out of steel is a good idea if your freehand isn't great, although I find freehand plasma cuts both fun and entertaining at the same time. :D

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i did all the cutting on both the 4runner body and extra cab with the plasma, its easy and you can follow a line you draw with a steady hand, after you make the cut you can smooth it out to practically perfect with a samll grinder and a flapper wheel....sawzaw:)flipoff2: TNTOY:D )gets all jerky and grabs once youve gotten to flimsy unsupported areas of sheetmetal...

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
The best, a plasma with a guide, and you who say "watch for heat" obviously have never used a plasma, what flippin heat?

Next, a cut off wheel, very little heat distortion and with a big blade, more likely to get a good straight cut line.

Sawzall, actually my last choice, very easy to get off your cut line, and unless you use a fine tooth blade, or experianced with one, easy to have the blade grab and bend your metal to shit..

Thats my story, and I'm stickin to it :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts