Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to go towards long's bead lock rings and was wondering what kind of steel wheel that would work the best (i.e. what back spacing? What brand? Reversed? Strength? Cost?) I would like to get away from a wheel spacer, but if I have to I will.

I would like a 15x10 wheel plus the ring = 15x12. Gonna run 38x15, 38x14.50 sx's or boggers. Stain 6 lug.
So anyone have some help?

·
Registered
92 Posts
the do it yourself beadlock thing has been talked about almost as many times as SAS, WAGGY's CHEVY"S,etc..... hope you got a good flame retarded suit!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
little inner bead support with reversed rims,
so I am using my stockers 15x8, 3 3/4". which was the deciding factor for me. use spacers and it is easier to adjust what you want.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
I used a stock black rockcrawler rim with 3.75" BSing. I run spacers to avoid reversed center rims which IMO don't really need beadlocks. PLus I plan to ditch the spacers over time as well.

Adding that 1/4" thick ring around the rim has to improve the strength greatly and I doubt you could smash one. Idf you did, you have other (more exspensive) parts to fix.

·
Registered
92 Posts
SR5Dave said:
The posts are kind of old , But I do remember many posts about low cost steel rims with variable back spacing suitable for beadlock kits Summit, and many other venders offer them....... please correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your attempt in flaming me, on a legit question has failed. For you :flipoff2: Newbie ass.

Bones, how big of a spacer? Right now I run 33x15.50 and rub on my leaf's in the front, and 33x14.50 and rub on the frame on the rear with the same wheel you have right now.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
12" wide rims and a 15" wide tire will look :rainbow: , kill mean more lift because of the increased arc of the turn, and get beat up like nobody's business.

Get some 8's and add the beadlock kit to them - much better :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
granted your question was not as common as a sas, waggys ..etc, but it has been discussed many times, however width and backspacing has been discussed many many times !
I searched for like two minutes and found tons of info !
I guess your just to smart to search or to lazy!
Honestly if anyone else would have asked the same question I would have tried to be more helpfull !!, but lately your posts have been really stupid considering you seem to know everthing about everything and you spend your time flaming people for stupid shit like spelling mistakes :flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
balls out yota said:
granted your question was not as common as a sas, waggys ..etc, but it has been discussed many times, however width and backspacing has been discussed many many times !
I searched for like two minutes and found tons of info !
I guess your just to smart to search or to lazy!
Honestly if anyone else would have asked the same question I would have tried to be more helpfull !!, but lately your posts have been really stupid considering you seem to know everthing about everything and you spend your time flaming people for stupid shit like spelling mistakes :flipoff2:
What about grammer? :flipoff2: If you found a bunch of info post it ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
well I don't know how to post links but seabass has a post on the next page about 2 inch backspaced steel wheels and were to get them!

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who sounds like a jack ass now?.....HAHAHAHAHA:flipoff2:

Oh spelling mistakes are on you. So backspacing is important and was wonder what others are running or experiences so that my experience will be the easiest.

Oh I did post on that post also.......:flipoff2:

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Lord Orange said:
Bones, how big of a spacer? Right now I run 33x15.50 and rub on my leaf's in the front, and 33x14.50 and rub on the frame on the rear with the same wheel you have right now.
2" rear per side and an IFS rear housing
1.5" front per side and a 61" D44
37" MTR's

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
poaked a rock in the sidewall a few weeks ago aired up at 25 psi. I do have minor concerns with the ring pinching the sidewall though. Trucks been parked wince then pretty much, so I haven't wheeled with them aired down yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
it's a great product i'm running a 2" backspace black steelies from 4 wheel parts, but i would run regular backspace it's pain in the ass to put 38 sx's on abackwords rim had toweld on the beadlocks then grind 1/4 " off of the rim to put on the 38 if your willing to go through the headache ,it's a good combo allso it makes your 15x10 a 15x11

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Not in my eyes. If mine were swampers I wouldn't be concerned at all. I'm not all that concerned now. Just something in the back of my head is all.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts