Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bobby Long has just released his new Toyota pickup inner axles.
They are custom heat treated and then Cryogenically hardened. He said that they are about 25% stronger than a stock inner axle but they are not brittle and don't send out a detroit shattering shock wave when they break. He said that the one he broke on the test stand twisted almost a full turn before it let go:eek: .
$75 with your exchange!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
He said that the one he broke on the test stand twisted almost a full turn before it let go:eek:
He must not have had the 5:29 gearset in there then!

Just got my warranty replacement and another fresh one today. Great product.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
what are the failure characteristics of chromoly shafts? ...to get an idea of how they compare to the Bobbyized shafts?

·
Registered
545 Posts
desertoy said:
Bobby Long has just released his new Toyota pickup inner axles.
They are custom heat treated and then Cryogenically hardened. He said that they are about 25% stronger than a stock inner axle but they are not brittle and don't send out a detroit shattering shock wave when they break. He said that the one he broke on the test stand twisted almost a full turn before it let go:eek: .
$75 with your exchange!
SWEET:D

Mark

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Damn, it just keeps getting better and better. I'm really starting to be glad that i decided to stick with the yota axles for my 4Runner. Thanks Bobby!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
What's Bobby's website?
I'm getting ready to hit the sack and don't have time to (in snotty voice) SEARCH.
So, tell me to search and I'll drive down/over there and stick it up your wife's ass.

:vader2:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
SEARCH! (I don't have a wife) :p

www.toyotasuperaxles.com

I have two sets of spares. One of them will be departing shortly, I believe.

I REALLY wish that he'd gotten a test done on the AP chromoly's in his jig. I'd love to have a baseline for comparison. :D

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
You waited twnety minutes to get a reply. It would have taken twnety seconds to search. :p

SeaBass, you can jump down my throat now. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
TNToy said:
You waited twnety minutes to get a reply. It would have taken twnety seconds to search. :p

SeaBass, you can jump down my throat now. :flipoff2:
Don't worry about it;)...Now I'm confused! Do I spend $150 on Bobbys axles, or $229 on AllPro's it's only $79???????? damn it, all these replies and not one of you knows which it better?:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Yes I agree with TNTOY & Seabass, we need a comparison to the AP Chromo's so I know which is the better purchase!! :D
Jeff

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
if something has to be a fuse,
i would prefer the 75$ axle.
over the 150$ birf
or the 175$ gearset.
even the AP alloy is 115$
i cant wait to get some longs.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
not only is he doin the inner shafts....i talked to him about a week ago and he's workin' on his new 36?? or something degree longfields. this will put the D44 vs Toy axle debate to rest once and for all.:beer: :beer: :beer

p.s. yes im fuelin"

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
desertoy said:
..............about 25% stronger than a stock ................ twisted almost a full turn before it let go:eek: .
So does a stocker twist 3/4 of a turn beforte they snap?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Let's see, bullet proof axles, bullet proof 36* Birfs, high clearance, and perfect width (with spacers):D. It' just about perfect.

One more thing Bobby, the WATERPROOF knuckle!:D:D How about the Bobby Long Birf Eliminator kit?? Yeah I know, it's been done. But not by Bobby.

Sorry, I forgot there is no water out West. :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts