Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
35" or 37" Boggers is what I'm thinking for next tire.
How many miles can you honestly expect to get out of a bogger?
Do they really drive that bad on the road?

I have 35" SSR's right now, By the time they are gone, they will have gotten about 22,000 miles out of them. If I could get 15,000 out of a set of Bogger's I would go with them.

·
Registered
764 Posts
i had a set of 35's on a 78 bronco, sucked!!!! only thing i could ever figure was they were to small a tire for that tread design.
PS: only used in mud and hyw. not too bad on road though.
also had a set of 39's on a 78 F250, luved them to death. i paid $1000 for them with bout 1000 miles on them with 12" aluminum
wheels, road on them every day for a year and sold them to a guy for $1000 with little more than half tread left. they road smoother than the 35's and had never been balanced. also only mud and hyw miles. just my xspiriance...........

·
Registered
377 Posts
Boggers are great in mud and rocks.

Suck for mileage so forget about getting any more than 18k out of them.

Ride a lot like @$$ and are noisier then h3ll.

I would get a set of AT's for street and boggers for offroad.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I run on the 39.5 bogger. i love it. Loud but oh well! I Drive it to and from the trails. they are road worthy once they get a good balance. I have like 20+ OZ of equal powder in them each.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
broncoman1 said:
35" or 37" Boggers is what I'm thinking for next tire.
How many miles can you honestly expect to get out of a bogger?
Do they really drive that bad on the road?

I have 35" SSR's right now, By the time they are gone, they will have gotten about 22,000 miles out of them. If I could get 15,000 out of a set of Bogger's I would go with them.
I have a friend named Scooter who claims that he can get 30,000 miles out of them on his Chevy/Toyota. He rotates them CONSTANTLY. I dunno what else he does though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
the way they sound

hummmm mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm and i've been heard over 4.5 miles away in them but u know what I LOVE BOGGERS .... yea u should get 15k outta a pair...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I drove on a set of 44" Boggers for 2 years.
Since my Odometer was broke, I dont KNOW, but I would guess I put at least 12,500 on them, and still was able to get $1100 [with wheels] for them, at about 40 % at max...

My new set, has about 4,000 on them, they are @ 80% tread..
I actually think they ride pretty nice, if they are round. I had 2 sent back, out of round..They Sucked , serious bounce'age :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts