Pirate 4x4 banner

What is the better tire Bogger or Irok?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what tire is better for you and why? im about to buy a new set of tires.. and i do not want to make a stupid mistake and buy a crappy tire....

·
Registered
997 Posts
i say bogger because i think the iroks really dont have very much tread to begin with, now they do have a very good side wall tread though, what are you going to be doing with your rig??

·
Registered
276 Posts
i say bogger because i think the iroks really dont have very much tread to begin with...
disagree.

Irok : 36x13.50-15LT - 21/32"

Bogger : 37x13.00-15LT - 22/32"

what are you going to be doing with your rig??
more info needed

ALSO, Iroks run bigger than rated on sidewall and Boggers run smaller. My 36" Iroks were just under 37".

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts
For what I wheel on it's definitely the IROKS. I had Boggers on the buggy I had
and on the rocks they had NO side bite. If I got the buggy on a side hill it
would slide sideways. :mad3:

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
disagree.

Irok : 36x13.50-15LT - 21/32"

Bogger : 37x13.00-15LT - 22/32"

more info needed

ALSO, Iroks run bigger than rated on sidewall and Boggers run smaller. My 36" Iroks were just under 37".

pretty handy when you compare the bogger with the shallowest tread depth..
compare them to a normal bogger, or a 38x11 for that matter..

·
Registered
276 Posts
He didn't say he what size he was running. So I picked what I run. Nothing more nothing less. :)

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
I've ran just about every type of Super Swamper tire out there at one time or another.

Boggers: Purpose built tire for mud. Work OK on the rocks but need grooving to help with side hills and slipping.

TSL's and SX's: Great tires, with grooving a really great tire. Problem I have with them, the side walls are thick but soft, so they do cut easier than other types of Super Swampers.

Thornbirds: STAY AWAY, some people like them, and for an AT tire, they're OK, but not my choice by a long shot.

Iroks: Best all around tire that Super Swamper has produced that I've used. Great overall traction, and the rubber in the side walls seems to be slightly tougher than other Swampers. Don't ask me why, but it's the only style that I haven't cut a sidewall with.

I don't run and have no experience with many of the radials. If Swamper had a choice between bias and radial in the type I wanted, then I always went bias, even for my daily driver. And YES, the Bogger will have a slightly deeper tread, but the rubber will wear off 10x's faster. Plus the road noise really sucks.

My vote is with the bias Irok's.

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
It all depends... What are you using them for?
Exactly. Boggers full out own an Irok in the mud. However, Iroks do better than Boggers on the rocks. Combine the lack of lateral stability due to the tread pattern that Gary mentioned along with the hp needed to make a bogger work properly; the Irok probably IS a better all around tire. Unless your all about the mud.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I picked boggers in the polll for soft powder because i would think it would be more like mud. they do decent in the mud also. if your in hard packed stuff or hard trails i would go with Iroks

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I run trails and mud not a ton of rocks seen iroks walk all over boggers in everything but the deep mud. but the low tread steers me from iroks i vote tsl for my truck

·
Registered
400 Posts
i vote irok, i got a set of 37" and i will drive on it daily once i get my license, but on the road they're amazing, you don't even hear them when if your below 60.. soft, seem to last long, so far.

in mud, they're pretty good IMO, no boggers but you also get the raod performace..its worth the money you pay for sure

·
Registered
385 Posts
boggers are great for the mud over the irocs. but thats about it. for rocks, trail, street, etc. the paddles of the boggers are pretty ridged and don't flex well. the irocs will grab onto things a lot better.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Good poll. I am shopping right now for some new shoes. I was about to pull the trigger on boggers simply because I like the way they look on a truck. They look like rugged mother's! Putting vanity aside, I decided to go with IROKS. Best all around tire for me. Now, I just need to decide if I want 13.5" wide, or 15" wide? :confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts