Pirate 4x4 banner

What is the better tire Bogger or Irok?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Why only two choices? And we need more info about your vehicle, what it is used for, what size tire are you looking at, etc...

·
Registered
577 Posts
I wheel in the snow a lot, so I am leaning towards the wider tires for this use. However 13.5 is pretty wide and I am sure once aired down can float really well on the snow. Wider would be better for this I am sure, but is it necessary? That's the question :) I also want to go to the Rubicon this year. and I am sure the 13.5 would be just fine for this but I would be guessing. I have never been on the Rubicon Trail so I have no idea really. Beyond that, mud is normal, but nothing like the boggy mud pits back east. California is pretty dry so our mud here is pretty shallow. As far as tire height goes... I am thinking somewhere between 35" and 39". I have 35's now and that looks good to me. I have a dana 44 front but I don't bang on it. I typically drive and steady, and pick my lines carefully. Occasionally I have to hammer it for an obstacle now and again. But I don't want to go too big and break stuff unnecessarily.

So yeah, I think I just convinced myself that the 13.5's are perfect :D

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
iroks unless you like mud....in a straight line.....and you have lots of motor to spin them.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts