Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Boise PD in here? I have a handfull of questions about hiring I need some answers on and would really appreciate a contact before I shell out $1k to fly out and test... Please PM me!:smokin::smokin:

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
No real crime in the area. Open carry state. AND don't you dare run from them if they try to pull you over!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Been to Boise but never had any dealings with the PD. Hope you get the job and move to a free state. I left CA in '11 for N ID and love it. Lived in Humboldt County for years with a few years spent in Napa.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No real crime in the area. Open carry state. AND don't you dare run from them if they try to pull you over!
Good info. Im cleared to test, but it's in person, so Im looking to see if it's worth flying out, or if it's mostly ex-military and locals. I have great experience in operations and high stress emergencies, but no direct police experience...

·
Registered
17,546 Posts
Been to Boise but never had any dealings with the PD. Hope you get the job and move to a free state. I left CA in '11 for N ID and love it. Lived in Humboldt County for years with a few years spent in Napa.
Sup neighbor?! :smokin:

I'm in the capital.

I escaped San Diego in '99.

A constitutional-friendly state indeed. :usa:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Good info. Im cleared to test, but it's in person, so Im looking to see if it's worth flying out, or if it's mostly ex-military and locals. I have great experience in operations and high stress emergencies, but no direct police experience...
As with most PDs outside of the really big ones it will most likely be locals at least regionally and probably 75% prior military.

If your taking the POST test, dont stress, its a joke. I took it multiple time for different depts and got a 100% every time. Its a very basic skills test, its no wonder there are a lot of dumbasses in LE. The PT tests are usually pretty laughable too, just make sure you can run, have decent balance and half decent upper body strength.

As far as LE experience dont sweat it. Every new cop started with no experience. Thats what the academy is for. The biggest piece of advice I can give is always, ALWAYS keep your cool. If even its time to lay down some whoop ass, keep your cool. If some moron is screaming in your face, keep your cool. Dont get mad. Dont be rash. Dont start shit with some shitbag because your GF is fucking your buddy while your on patrol. Wait till your OD and go hit up his mom. MILF s love a dude in uniform.

If someone starts giving you shit (verbal abuse) while your testing or interviewing, even if they seem to be another candidate or a shitbag, just roll with it. Chances are its a tester or instructor pushing your buttons to see how you react. Of course that doesnt apply if they get physical. Good luck. Its the best job youll ever hate.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Any Boise PD in here? I have a handfull of questions about hiring I need some answers on and would really appreciate a contact before I shell out $1k to fly out and test... Please PM me!:smokin::smokin:
If your not already a leo, keep in mind the job will change you forever. Got three nephews who are leo’s. I told all three this job is going to change you. They all scoffed at the comment. They are totally different people now. You only see the bad side of humanity. You become very jaded.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just make sure you stay in a holiday inn express the night before the test.
I already know everything....:flipoff2:

VPD is always hiring :flipoff2:
I actually applied.... you think I can take the hot rod, Starsky and Hutch style?:smokin:

Im not worried about the position- mostly the test is in Idaho and Im trying to figure if it's worth flying out for, or if the positions are gone to lateral and ex-military.

Appreciate the responses so far....

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I know a sheriff there who is also a hardcore wheeler. He has a linked jeep on 50" tractor tires he calls "Mooseknuckle"

I'll shoot you a PM

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
My brother in law is Leo and went up there looking for a job. He liked Nampa pd (outskirts of Boise) the best, but didn't like the area much (think Reno, but hotter summers, colder winters and worse air quality) I'd look north if I were you.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
You got this...

Don’t pull me over while I’m on my way to Utah, ok?

You better have a Pirate brother code phrase... like “Shut the fuck up Greg”, “You own a green Saturn?”, “COTUS Gary?”, or “Jesus Christ Linkside” so we know not to throw you to the OverBear....:flipoff2:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Probably a good job. I call them first responders. They don't do shirt nor do you see them until after something happens. They went from shooting anything that moves, including each other, to doing nothing. I think it's the mayor. He wants as much import trash as he can get. Dreaming to be like San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle.

County cops seem pretty good.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Grew up in Boise...most the city cops and all the county sheriffs knew me by name...that was 35+ years ago...still prolly wouldn't want to use me as a reference. Short of that it's a small town that grew too big. Not much help but Best of luck.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I live in Boise. We are currently at maximum carrying capacity for cops transplanted from CA. Please try Wyoming or one of the Dakotas.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts