Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Daniel the only one that will be selling these? Does anyone know anything about these (good or bad). I'm getting ready to buy brakes and noticed these are coming out soon. So now I am waiting :mad3:

·
Registered
67 Posts
DanB I think hes talking about Daniel's (USA6x6) new bolt on brakes that were advertised recently in JP magazine. The ad was for but brakes not pinion.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheel brakes not pinion brakes And yes, usa6x6 is the only place I can find that will be selling them when they are ready. Not sure if I want to buy anything from Daniel from everything I read about him. :barf: I have pinion brakes already. Not using them. Not street legal. Any help is appreciated. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Steve Gerstner can hook you up with bolt on wheel brakes as well. You need to ship your hubs to him for machining.

differentialeng.com

BTW if you haven't figured it out yet, the fronts are the hard ones to do.

Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
443 Posts
I wouldn't advise dealing with Chuckstrucks either...they're about as bad as Daniel. I have somewhere a bunch of specs on how to have the 1 or 2 parts you need machined built and then the rest I'd just fiddle around with, come on, it isn't that bad. Also, you're driving those on the street? I want pictures.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Other choices

There are a lot of other choices available for Rocks some are more expensive than others. 8 lug Rockwell hubs.

Gus

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like Daniel @ usa6x6 will have the best options avavilable for brakes. Or at least he advertises that way. His advertising by far, surpasses anyone else I have read. :eek:

·
Registered
373 Posts
try steve at differential engineering

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hey Steve, I know I have asked before, how much for that brake setup just like in the picture, complete? also how much for a steering arm just like in the picture... thanks can you email me the reply?

[email protected]

·
Registered
625 Posts
steve's stuff looks lot more stronger than the other guy's website above.. so i would pick steve over that..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Finally Thanks Steve How much are they? And are the bolt on brakes just as good as buying a whole new hub brake 2 1/2 ton rated ??? Meaning, are you using the same size disc, caliper, pads, etc.?? :shaking:

And I toooo need a steering arm like the one posted in that picture.....

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
RollinDeuces said:
Finally Thanks Steve How much are they? And are the bolt on brakes just as good as buying a whole new hub brake 2 1/2 ton rated ??? Meaning, are you using the same size disc, caliper, pads, etc.?? :shaking:

And I toooo need a steering arm like the one posted in that picture.....
I am not sure of your question: buying a whole new hub brake 2 1/2 ton rated? There is no complete 2 1/2 ton disc brake setup that would transfer to the rockwell military axle. steve

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Then what does Daniel @usa6x6 sell? I am confused. He offers 1 ton rated and 2 1/2 ton rated I am not sure the difference I was hoping you did. He supposely sells a disc hub brake complete for around $1100. Man, just when I thought I was doing my homework, I get a curve ball :mad3:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
RollinDeuces said:
Looks like Daniel @ usa6x6 will have the best options avavilable for brakes. Or at least he advertises that way. His advertising by far, surpasses anyone else I have read. :eek:
Thats because if you know anything about Daniel, you will know he is great buisness man. He can talk you into about anything. The thing is he does not know what he is talking about most of the time. Quite a bull shitter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Steve -

Steve at Differential Engineering has the best setup I've used, which are currently on my truck. Certainly worth the investment.

Schmag

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Daniel's had a LOT of problems. Don't expect anything on time, or a reasonable explanation as to why things are taking so long. His welder died, the suppliers are awol, the power to the shop is funny, whatever.

Friend of mine burned by him may be making some, besides that I'd try Steve. Chuckstrucks has or had a link to USA's site, so fawwwwwk them too. Or don't, and find out. I'd make my own stuff before sending Daniel any money after the lame excuses he tried to pawn off... ahh, look at that, too much talking about him again. Never mind!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts