Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct me if I'm wrong, since there seems to be a ton of useless info out there that I suspect is wrong.

The JK 3.8L used the same bellhousing pattern as the earlier I6 engines. The only real difference is the window in the bell for the CPS is on the other side. The transmission can be bolted to the engine as is, and providing you use a 4.0L flywheel for your model and the JK clutch it should all be "fat, dumb, and happy."

Asking because of stupidity. Turns out my spare AX-15 is the early version with the little pilot, and the condition of it was iffy at best to begin with. I figured I'd just track down a low mile NV3550 instead, wrong answer bitch! Nobody has one. However there's a ton of NSG370s around, and there will be more once the snow flies, and they tend to be reasonably low mile... Considering using one in my new Comanche, which is being built up as a summer DD/mild wheeler.

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't trust anything on Novak's site (they are wrong about many things) but they do show two distinct bellhousings for the NSG. Oddly the one they claim is for the JK looks more like the normal Jeep pattern than the ones they claim isn't. :confused:

·
Registered
22,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've already scrapped this idea. The TJ version would work, but they're pretty well unobtanium it seems.

A guy could just buy the wrong one and a new front case half assembly (since the bellhousing is integral) and go that route, but I don't even want to think of what the dealer would want for that.

I just went with old reliable and ordered a rebuild/syncro kit for my spare AX-15, and I've got a 2wd one here with the right pilot/input (should swap over).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts