Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
B-O-M?

When did Dana start stamping the BOMs into the axle tubes?

I have a 73 Ford rear D60 out of a F250 that apears to not have a BOM stamped on it. It has 60HD stamped inside the diff on the drivers side between the pinion and the axle tube. It is not cast into the web on the outside like they usually are. The 60HD is clear inside and it had stock 4.10s so it isn't a D61.

Do you think it has been retubed? Or did they not stamp the axle tubes back then?

The reason I am looking for it is that this axle has 16 spline FF shafts and I need to find comprable 30 spline shafts to fit. I don't want to have to pull 100 shafts to find a set the right length if possable.

Thanx for any info
Nate

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
:confused: I've got a 1967 M715 with a stock Dana Model 60-2F Front, and it has the BOM stamped on it. Granted they are TINY little things, but are still there from all those years.

WEPS

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx man, you gave me new hope in rubing that tube some more:D
It may be their somewhere. Or maybe someone retubed this axle. That would be just my luck, first it is 16 spline and now no BOM.

Nate

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am guessing this axle has been retubed at some point. Instead of just being welded in the holes at the sides of the diff it is weled twice on each side at the bottom of the diff. I cleaned up both sides of the axle and their are no numbers on the tube anywhere. The shafts are 34.5" long and have
"mm 445 2" stamped into them.

Anyone know of an application with 34.5" ff 30 spline shafts?

Is their any difference in D60 bolt patterns at the hub where the shafts bolt or are they all the same?

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Spicer Part #39260-4 1.31 - 30, 4.75" flange dia., 3.96 bolt circle, 8 bolts, FF, 34.51" from tip of spline to inside surface of flange.

There's one more that is 34.56" long, the same as above in every other respect, part # 35467-3.

J. J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts