Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bomber Chassis Kits

In an effort to bring the highest quality products to market for our customers we decided to have our chassis laser cut and cnc bent. These Bomber Chassis are duplicates of the car that I won KOH and the Back Door Challenge in. they are all 4130 and varying tube thicknesses from 0.065 to 0.188. The belly and sliders are 0.188 for strength and other tube are thinner to keep weight to a minimum. The chassis is a cnc bent and notched unit so its very straight and square. We have laser cut tabs for the suspension and power-train as an option. Please give me a call if you have question.

909 499 3537

$8000

Attachments

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No time for the four seater at the moment.

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chassis are in stock!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
When you say kit I assume all notched and bent, I weld like an ibex....assuming. Although I could have sworn randy said full welded chassis to full rollers was all he was making. A "kit" would be sweet.

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have kits in stock. They are 8K for bent and notched tubing. Give me a call for more info.

909 499 3537

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have a couple of these left is stock. Get them while they last!

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we have kits in stock!

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We still have kits for sale. Fleel free to call with questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on the win! Looks like a quality product for sure, but is it worth the price difference from the Ibex? Just seems like the Ibex is a lot more bang for the buck. I do prefer the lines of this chassis more though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
^^^ This guy being serious? This chassis is on a whole different level. It's not a buggy in a box. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
Congrats on the win! Looks like a quality product for sure, but is it worth the price difference from the Ibex? Just seems like the Ibex is a lot more bang for the buck. I do prefer the lines of this chassis more though.
By reading this post I can safely assume you have never seen one of these up close in person. You have no idea how much attention has gone into every little detail. Nothing wrong at all with Ibex, just a different level.

·
Registered
4 Posts
By reading this post I can safely assume you have never seen one of these up close in person. You have no idea how much attention has gone into every little detail. Nothing wrong at all with Ibex, just a different level.
You are absolutely right I don't have any idea, I'm just coming into the buggy scene actually. Only ever wheeled an 81 yota and a 2012 JKUR. Traded in the Jeep for a diesel for work and now looking into building a buggy. SO I am a total newb when it comes to these beasts. I guess I should rephrase, what does this have over the Ibex geometry/detail wise?

The Ibex was the first thing I jumped on because of the simplicity and cost of it. Having never built a buggy before I figured it was a good place to get my feet wet. Maybe someone could help enlighten me?:homer:

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
You are absolutely right I don't have any idea, I'm just coming into the buggy scene actually. Only ever wheeled an 81 yota and a 2012 JKUR. Traded in the Jeep for a diesel for work and now looking into building a buggy. SO I am a total newb when it comes to these beasts. I guess I should rephrase, what does this have over the Ibex geometry/detail wise?

The Ibex was the first thing I jumped on because of the simplicity and cost of it. Having never built a buggy before I figured it was a good place to get my feet wet. Maybe someone could help enlighten me?:homer:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/1829225-building-bomber-home.html

Here's a link to my build thread where I built the first CNC chassis so you can see what's involved. The Ibex is a great chassis, but the Bomber was purpose built for Johnson Valley and KOH. Jake Hallenbeck own & races Bomber #2, and it was the fastest solid axle car in U4 last year. 10 Bombers started (of 129 total) KOH15, 5 of the 19 cars that finished KOH this year were Bombers, including the winning car. Let me know when the Ibex is doing that.

That being said, the Bomber is a great trail rig too, just know that you're paying for a full chromoly chassis that is designed for racing. There are no different 'levels' of this chassis, everything is the big boy version. :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts