Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'90 3/4 Burb. 8-lug 10b front and 14b sf rear. Soon to have 35's (they are on the way). I know that I need at least a 4" lift and 6" would be fine with me. Any suggestions so that I don't have to do this twice.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I just had mine lifted and here is my thought process. I chose the 2.5 inch lift and the 33 inch tires. I knew that the Suburban will never see hard core trail use. Even if it did, would 35 inch tires be large enough? Probably not. So, I chose the 33X14.50X16 Super Swamper Radials. Keeps the center of gravity lower than a four or six inch lift. And I won't have to change axle ratios. But the tires still have lots of width for traction on dirt and sand.

I am very pleased with how mine came out.

Todd C
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Todd C said:
I just had mine lifted and here is my thought process. I chose the 2.5 inch lift and the 33 inch tires. I knew that the Suburban will never see hard core trail use. Even if it did, would 35 inch tires be large enough? Probably not. So, I chose the 33X14.50X16 Super Swamper Radials. Keeps the center of gravity lower than a four or six inch lift. And I won't have to change axle ratios. But the tires still have lots of width for traction on dirt and sand.

I am very pleased with how mine came out.

Todd C
[email protected]

Man, that makes me think about lifting mine. Looks nice.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i personally would go 6" with 35's. trust me once it gets done youl wish it was bigger. if your gear ratio is 3.73 you will notice a little diffference in gearing driving around but nothing too bad. if its 4.10 then even better. my suburban has a 6" skyjacker with a 3" body lift. the suspension part works great, rides well, and no virbrations. skyjacker gives you everything you need, transfercase drop, brakelines, etc.
heres my burben:

heres just a suburban witha 6" and 35's

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice truck. Did you have any other issues with the 6" lift (driveline, etc.) and how do you like the body lift?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Burb

At one point I fit 35" TSL's on my last burb with 2.5" blocks in the back and a little fender cutting. I had to cut the rear portion of the innerwell as well.

I would have a look at doing a shackle flip from ORD http://www.offroaddesign.com/ which gives you 4" in the back and retains the stock springs ( unless you want more of course ). (Ignore this idea if you tow heavy trailers)

In the front you could do a combination of some or all ( longer Shackles- just remember the pinion, zero rates from ORD, or springs )

All of these will require longer shocks, brake-lines and depending on how tall you go, possibly a transfer case drop kit- which prevents driveshaft expenditures.

Try and maintain a level draglink from your pitman arm (mounted on the steering box) to your steering arm on your diff. Drop pitman arms are pretty inexpensive, although if you purchase a kit, as someone else suggested, you might end up a little cheaper ??? PS... most kits have blocks in the back.

If I could figure how to load a picture I would show you one installed job on a buddies truck. We were successful in installing the kit on his jimmy without having to drop the Gas tank. Good luck in whichever setup you choose.
:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts