Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
show us how ugly you can do it! ive got some shit on my exo that has proven worthy but looks like bird turds, post some pix of your ugliest welds that actually held up...i bet i can weld uglier than anyone and prettier than 95% of you:flipoff2:, ill post pix in the morning...props to anyone who can put together a rock crawler with an old craftsman 220v arc welder:D ive been MIG welding for about a week and gettin cocky:D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
thats all i have ever owned is an old lincoln cracker box! Any time i got something real thin or needs to look good for bling purposes i go borrow my buddies mig.:flipoff2: I keep saying im gonna go buy one after i got to go take it back after borrowing it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got a few bad ones on my Toyota, and I only use a mig.

If i can take the part off and position it while welding, I can make some pretty azz welds.

John from WMS taught me how to weld about 7 years ago. Those guys (John and Mark) are definately in the five percent that will make us look bad.

Toolman

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
don't know if they will hold up or not. but it is the only weld pic i have

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
ya i made the bracket myself. i bought my dimple die set from kurt laduc.

a friend did the welding :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
those air bumps on that thing?

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ECF said:
I wish I could make booger welds! Waaaa,waaaa,waaaaa. Hahahhaah
dont say i didnt warn you:flipoff2: im gonna weld up jigga hydro mounting bits today, maybe i can redeem myself with a pretty one. just to make this good and tech related, can someone describe the aws designations(codes) for the mig wire, like 7018, 6011, 7014 coding on stick....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Holy crap man, that's livin' up to the name. Show some of those pretty mig lines, or I'll have nightmares tonight!
:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
well im learning to weld :D and on Mad Max no less...thought my bastard welds would blend in with the original welds but ive got no such luck....my welds are much uglier!! Im actually much better at burning holes in the steel at this point...figure i can only get better at this point!

:D

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I'll post some picks of mine in a few weeks :D I'm taking a welding class at the local Votech now and my welds look worse than Booger Weldz right now.They have only had 2 class so far . The inst. even told us to bring stuff in we want to work on and we can have any of the steel in the class :D I already have plans for some things I want to build. They are teaching us how to use a plasma cutter , mig, tig, stick, torches , shear, and a brake.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would like to take a machinests course. I have a lathe and mill at home, but all I know is what I have picked up. I am not doing near what I could with the tools I have.

Toolman

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i took the community college course for stick, it actually helped a lot on the quality of the weld, the look of it is all about practice...time to go throw down some pretty MIG welds so i can back up my big mouth, i hate it when i post after a few beers, then wake up the next morning and find my stupidity documented...:flipoff2: :D

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Tim Taylor said:
I would like to take a machinests course. I have a lathe and mill at home, but all I know is what I have picked up. I am not doing near what I could with the tools I have.

Toolman
I am taking one at Sierra College right now. Now all I have to do is talk T into letting me buy a lathe. It is getting easier to get her to let me buy stuff, look what I got yesterday!!!!! It needs some flames!!!!:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts