Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
!!!WARNING!!!THIS TOPIC DONT INCLUDE ANY BLINGBLING PARTS!!!

Original hood

Exhaust off

SD33 exhaust manifold and SD33T exhaust manifold

WONT FIT!FAWK IT!

Well,lets figure something else...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Homemade wastegate with 42mm Volvos intake valve

Hollset 3LD (52/63)

Without intercooler for a while...

This Hollset maked about 20 kilometres and it was finished,dunno what wrecked it,maybe it was just piece of junk all the time...

Well,whatta hell...Lets put new turbo,this time its Schwitser...

Now it runs MUCH better than week ago without turbo.
Boost is only 0.5 bar for now one, until I get somewhere a intercooler and before I make Dump valve.
Lets get back to bisnes then...:p

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
I am sure you know this already, but be careful. The SD33T's have oil jets to cool the bottoms of the pistons and also use five ring pistons as opposed to the 3 ringers and lack of oil jets that the 33NA's use. Just FYI, have fun!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diesel Smoke said:
I am sure you know this already, but be careful. The SD33T's have oil jets to cool the bottoms of the pistons and also use five ring pistons as opposed to the 3 ringers and lack of oil jets that the 33NA's use. Just FYI, have fun!
I´ve heard that SD33 has oil jets also,one guy told me this, he had rebuild 3 SD33 engines and everyone had oil jets.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turbo is S2 A or B,not sure...Works damn fine,today we installed homemade Dump Valve with ertasetan piston,WORKS DAMN FINE! :smokin:
And btw,boost pressure is 0.7 bar,not 0.5 bar like I earlier told,there were some pressure waist,what I repaired today.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Axel Von Gardan said:
I´ve heard that SD33 has oil jets also,one guy told me this, he had rebuild 3 SD33 engines and everyone had oil jets.
It could be true, most of my knowledge comes from the use of the SD33 used in the Scout II from 76-79. I have an SD33T, in my 1980 Scout II and love it. Once you mentioned the oil jets, I seem to remember some of the NA engine made in 79 had them, so it could have been an improvement Nissan made. Unfortunatly production stopped in 1980, so the US never got some of the better SD motors that the rest of the world did. Good luck with your truck, the SD33 may not be a power house but they get the job done!!:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diesel Smoke said:
Good luck with your truck, the SD33 may not be a power house but they get the job done!!:D
Well,axles couldn´t handle hundres of horsepower,but MAYBE I get Volvos portal axles somewhere,maybe...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts