Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
If that's the TR7 I think it is (how many mustard-yellow 4x4 TR7's can there be in Denver?) I tuff-truck raced a couple slots in front of that guy at the 4xFunFest that 4WOR held in Denver a few years back. :)

And... assuming that it *is* the same TR7, it's on a Chevy Longbed frame, that was chopped diagonally in the middle, overlapped over itself, and welded back together--the middle section of the frame is almost a foot tall (C-on-top-of-C). Also, he jumped it so high off the last berm on the course, that the front axle split at the diff.

Guess I can't dog him too much, I was running a 2WD truck that got stuck on the course... but at least I drove my junk home. :)

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Buddha's Ghost said:

I hope not. The TR7 was a piece of shit.
Something to do with the interfearence fit valve train with an overhead cam engine and weak timing belt design....hhhmmmm

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Scout Dude said:
Could we get a ruling on exactly what "Booty Fab" is? Cause those are obviously very :rainbow: but, unless the fabrication is very poor, they don't fall into the "booty Fab" catagory:flipoff2:
bootie fab = backyard construction, looks and works good, just not super pretty

ghetto fab = death wish constructions, poor shoddy work, doesnt work, looks unsafe (get pics for pirate4x4)

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
BJ On Roids said:
bootie fab = backyard construction, looks and works good, just not super pretty

ghetto fab = death wish constructions, poor shoddy work, doesnt work, looks unsafe (get pics for pirate4x4)
Well... it's a TR7... they don't usually look all that great. The workmanship on it was decent, as everything but the D44 front end survived the airtime that split the D44... so does that qualify as bootie fab? Worked decent, didn't look great, but didn't look like it was going to fall apart either.

Jury's still out? My vote is guilty as charged of bootie fab, but not guilty of ghetto fab, based on BJ's description.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts