Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 f250 5spd 7.3 4x4, Like many others i have ditched the ttb for a dana 60, baught the truck with a 4" rough country lift. I need to change my front drive line to a cv style shaft. The original yoke on the transfer case will not accept a cv style shaft and after hours of readig forums i found tht a spicer 2-4-5441 yoke was the answer, wrong! I have a borg warner transfer case with a square type splined output shaft 31 spline. the yoke i got was 32 spline, and was the wrong style spline. Does anybody know of another yoke that i can sorce to make a 1330 cv front drive shaft work? Called ford (the land of no) stock part is unavailable, so shockinghaha. any help you guys could give me I would be greatly thankfull for-

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Bronco front is the same as the 150-250. As you said put the bronco flange on the front. The 350 is the one that had a front cv.

You can change it to a flange style eaiser than finding a f-350 yoke though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can change it to a flange style eaiser than finding a f-350 yoke though.

ok i am open to anything, do you know of a part # for a front flange yoke?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
sounds like ya solved your own problem to me....

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Can we make sure you have the BW1356 case? You might have the 4407 case in there, and you will be where my shoes were a year ago. I had to buy the 2-4-5441 yoke, and put it in my vice and use a die grinder with a long barrel sand paper attachment and square off the tops of the splines. I then made a press by welding a bolt to the yoke nut, and using a piece of plate and a nut on that bolt to press the yoke onto the splines. Took some muscle, but it has been working great for a year now and isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can we make sure you have the BW1356 case? You might have the 4407 case in there, and you will be where my shoes were a year ago..

Yes I am positive I have a BW1356, I searced the forums and came up with the 2-4-5441 yoke as well, but upon disasembly i discovered the new yoke was 32 spline and my output shaft is 31 spline. so shipped that one back and am machining my current yoke down to accept a flange that I have made, slight press fit and som tig work and poof, instant 1330 cv flange yoke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts